More difficult to drive F1 or rally car ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
atpbx said:
Whoosh i didnt honestly believe someone would misunderstand that post, but you've proved me wrong.

----speed at which i could do a rally course before training.
--------------- After training
- speed at which i would do a lap in an F1 car before training
-----Speed after a months practice.

I understood the post, so you're wrong on that account.
The question was which car is harder to drive, you've just made the question more complicated by bringing in time factors, i.e after one month.

With an F1 car, in one month you'll experience different track and tyre conditions that will totally mess up your setups and style from the previous day. Theres too much to learn.
In a rally car the car is designed to experience different surfaces per stage, so you will mainly be working on skill, not how to make the car 'work' at all.

I think it is quite simple.. Which car would be harder to drive.. (assuming you can already drive a car)

The F1 car..

You get into a rally car.. press the ignition.. drive

You get into an F1 car.. erm.. no ignition.. no starter.. you're going nowhere (without a pit crew to start your engine for you

SC04 said:
I understood the post, so you're wrong on that account.
The question was which car is harder to drive, you've just made the question more complicated by bringing in time factors, i.e after one month.

With an F1 car, in one month you'll experience different track and tyre conditions that will totally mess up your setups and style from the previous day. Theres too much to learn.
In a rally car the car is designed to experience different surfaces per stage, so you will mainly be working on skill, not how to make the car 'work' at all.

Well no you have not because you are argueing with me.
Despite me making the same point as you.
Never mind.
:rolleyes:

Combat squirrel said:
hmm again interesting

3) I saw on topgear or C5 program that bussinessman who bought ferrari's 2002 car, it took him like 15 laps to go around at a speed faster than a normal car can do, he said it was insanly difficult to drive, v v senstive, a car weighing what, 250/200kg ? with about 1000bhp is unbeleaveably difficult to control, one weighing im guessing about 1000kg, (my 306 deisal is ~1480kg) with say 300bhp is more predicable to control on any surface, stick 1000bhp in a rally car and see how they go.

I saw that program too, i'm pretty sure the guy said it was a lot easier than he thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom