• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

More GPU price increases!

Associate
When will it end???? I'm feeling more and more lucky that I've been happy with my setup through all this mess.....but feel horrible for all those who needed an upgrade. Desperately hoping that this is much improved by the next GPUs releases

Permabanned
What are you on about! Graphics cards can be purchased easily right now. You can easily get an LHR card from the online shops for a decent price considering the climate

Associate
What are you on about! Graphics cards can be purchased easily right now. You can easily get an LHR card from the online shops for a decent price considering the climate

Any 3080 near msrp at 650? Or they all 50% more at 1000+ cos I've no what you mean by decent price?

Associate
I've been watching RTX 3080s and 3080 Tis consistently become more sparse in stock and higher priced this week. You can't find a 3080 for under £1100 and a 3080 Ti for £1500 right now, and those are few and far between. It's just bananas. Even 6800 and 6900s are tough to find at anything but a ridiculous price.

Permabanned
This is not going to end anytime soon. The worldwide chip shortages are affecting everything including mobile phones and consoles and there is talk of it being 2023 before a lot of stuff becomes readily available. I work in sales and there are huge shortages for Iphone 12s and the whole of the Samsung S21 range. They just cant get the materials and make them fast enough and I have never seen it like this despite years in the industry.

Permabanned
It is a graphics card, just a very weak one for gaming. Makes sense as I don't have anything as a backup whatsoever if my main card dies.

I think the graphics cards start from somewhere the Radeon RX 560 level that is around, more or less twice as fast.
At least, have a DisplayPort.

Caporegime
I think the graphics cards start from somewhere the Radeon RX 560 level that is around, more or less twice as fast.
At least, have a DisplayPort.

It'll play the older titles well enough and perform some design tasks suitably well, though I believe it's the GTX1050 which is regarded as the entry-level for gaming, in the Pascal range at least.

Soldato
When will it end???? I'm feeling more and more lucky that I've been happy with my setup through all this mess.....but feel horrible for all those who needed an upgrade. Desperately hoping that this is much improved by the next GPUs releases

It will end after you buy a new gpu then you can stop worrying about prices

Soldato
Yeah as I said feel thankful for not needing one right now but hoping to upgrade next GPU launch.......fingers crossed for late 2022/2023 for an improvement!

Its hard to predict.

Within 5 minutes of googling I'll be able to find quotes from executives at tech companies stating the following:

"the shortage will last until q2 2021"
"the shortage will last until early 2022"
"the shortage will last until mid 2022"
"the shortage will last until the end of 2022"
"the shortage will last until 2023" - this most recent quote is from Sony, discussing Playstation 5 stock

Permabanned
That's not a graphics card, though. It's an excrement, sorry.

:cry:

Its hard to predict.

Within 5 minutes of googling I'll be able to find quotes from executives at tech companies stating the following:

"the shortage will last until q2 2021"
"the shortage will last until early 2022"
"the shortage will last until mid 2022"
"the shortage will last until the end of 2022"
"the shortage will last until 2023" - this most recent quote is from Sony, discussing Playstation 5 stock

The PS5 issue for me is bad , still had not bagged one and there have been plenty of restocks. Sony are loving the situation so I'm sure they will drag it out as far as possible.

Back
Top Bottom