Mortgage Rate Rises

just did some quick maths... and I got charged £268.03 for last month's interest.. it's sickening but what can you do?
I'm just glad I'm overpaying my mortage at the moment, yeah I may be able to earn more if I invested the cash instead but I just want this monkey of my back.

just did some quick maths... and I got charged £268.03 for last month's interest.. it's sickening but what can you do?
I'm just glad I'm overpaying my mortage at the moment, yeah I may be able to earn more if I invested the cash instead but I just want this monkey of my back.
is that it.. £600ish a month in interest here, on 1.99% currently but not for long.

Mine is up towards the end of next year and I've been fortunate to be locked in at 1.83% for the last 4 years. Hoping the downward trend continues so I don't get too burned on the renewal.

£878 in interest alone for me this month!

Rates have come down again for me as well, now looking at 3.96% so another 0.03% drop.

This is with a 53% LTV remortgage.

Anecdotal, but a lot of homes in my area have recently gone on the market!

Last edited:
Pretty sure you can lock in now but still change if a lower rate comes up before then
That's what I have been doing, I'm getting sick of cancelling it :D I've also seen a 2 year term deal on a comparison site that gives £750 cashback, ans only works out at £10 extra a month more than my current HSBC 2 year offer.

Back
Top Bottom