Mortgage Rate Rises

ouch that must hurt.

I've got 3 different sub accounts on 3 different rates (good/middle and not amazing-but-not-bad) first once is up in 2026 and I'm torn between hammering it or dumping it into savings. Savings rates are higher than the mortgage and I know what I SHOULD do but I do like seeing the balance go down

Luckily we had great rates for a long time and we overpaid each month - we'll be finished with the mortgage in Feb 25. It crept from 0.84% in Jan 24 over the next few months to 6%.

Last edited:
Can't see it not dropping down more unless another big event occurs.

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
If things carry on as they are looking I think I'll have successfully weathered the storm by time I come to renewal

If things carry on in the Middle East there’ll be a new storm. 4% basically keeps our payment the same as before now we’ve extended slightly, so tempted to lock in at 5. I’ll do whatever the wife wants. With my recent new job I’ll probably pay it off in the next 10 years or so anyway.

More rate reductions are due tomorrow from: Barclays, HSBC, Halifax, Santander and NatWest apparently.

That would be good. Have our broker meeting next week. Last chance for us to lock in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom