Moto X+1... let the hype-beasting begin!

Soldato
Supposed leaked specs from a Brazilian retailer, via DL and others:

Display: 5.2″ Full HD (1920×1080)
Operating System: Android 4.4.4 “KitKat”
Processor: 2.26GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800
Cameras: 12MP rear, 5MP front
RAM: 2GB
Connectivity: WiFi, 4G/3G/2G, Bluetooth, NFC
Storage: 32GB, micro SD support up to 128GB
Battery: 2,900mAh

To be released later this summer, alongside the Moto 360 smart watch. Makes sense I guess.

I like the bigger battery and FHD screen - although 5.2" is perhaps a bit too big, depending on how they manage the bezels and chassis. SD 800 is not a surprise, as it's probably a custom SOC based on it, a la X8.

They definitely need to sort the shooter out to make sure it isn't complete pants though...

What do you guys reckon?

Su

Associate
Will need to see how big it is next to an S5. size is important to me.
Gone back to using my moto g because it's just so much easier to use with one hand!

Soldato
Tbh I would be happy if they kept an identical chassis to the X and just upgraded the screen and internals, they got it absolutely spot on with the X in terms of ergonomics and usability as far as I'm concerned :p

Soldato
Specs sound fake to me, unless its the Droid line. Doesn't make sense for them to make the screen so big. Hope it's 5" max. Better still, 4.8" and keep the same height as the current X.

Associate
Why 5.2 when the current size works quite well except that there is a push for ever bigger phones. Mind, just cos I like the current size doesn't mean everyone else does. Not convinced on the leak but ok to wait and see here as very content with current Moto x. I'd be for a choice of screen size with same specs between the phones.

Soldato
My only concern is the size. As everyone else has said, the size of the original X is spot on. Now all the other flagships have grown it makes sense for them to occupy that sensible middle ground. Poor decision by Motorola if the leak is true. Everything else is fine.

Soldato
My only concern is the size. As everyone else has said, the size of the original X is spot on. Now all the other flagships have grown it makes sense for them to occupy that sensible middle ground. Poor decision by Motorola if the leak is true. Everything else is fine.

depends how small they can get it :) 5.2 seems to be the average now.. 5.5 is flagshipy.. :o

Soldato
my nexus 5 flying all over the place would like to disagree ;)

Is this a xposed plugin that makes your Nexus 5 fly, I wouldn't mind my getting that :p.

For me if the 5.2" device is the size of the Nexus 5 thats awesome, I would much rather the S5 display but at 4.7/4.8 in the Moto X frame.

Associate
I was originally very hyped for this phone, as the original Moto X seems like a great phone. The only main contender to me was the M8. It's pretty difficult to choose between the two.

The main thing which appeals to me about the Moto X was active notifications and the touchless control. I'm not entirely sure how much I'll end up using the latter though other than in the car.
The main advantage for the M8 (for me personally) is the most likely superior front facing speakers, and the audio recording being able to record really loud/bassy stuff, which isn't a feature which seems very sought after or advertised that much, but it's great for capturing concerts and impromptu events and performances you might happen to walk by.

I'm swaying more towards the M8 to be honest, but I'm excited to see what Motorola has up their sleeve for the X+1. Hopefully something more than just an incremental upgrade with minor spec boosts and no major new USPs.

Associate
I sold my Xperia Z1 Compact a few weeks ago for a good price and am currently using the moto g.

I'm waiting for a decent compact sized phone to be released and the x+1 might be the one to buy. I hope it's of similar size to the z1 compact as that was a beasty phone in a compact design. I also hope that it is waterproof or at least splash resistant like the RAZR i.

Associate
I sold my Xperia Z1 Compact a few weeks ago for a good price and am currently using the moto g.

I'm waiting for a decent compact sized phone to be released and the x+1 might be the one to buy. I hope it's of similar size to the z1 compact as that was a beasty phone in a compact design. I also hope that it is waterproof or at least splash resistant like the RAZR i.

It's 5.2" screen size so not compact. Very annoying move by Motorola which doesn't make any sense as all the reviews praised the ergonomics. Hopefully there are more products.

Associate
It's 5.2" screen size so not compact. Very annoying move by Motorola which doesn't make any sense as all the reviews praised the ergonomics. Hopefully there are more products.

I agree there.

A 5.2" screen won't really be a deal breaker for me, as it really depends on how thin the bezels are and maybe it's not much bigger than the X.

It seems it will be announced soon so let's see what the specs and dimensions of it will be.

Back
Top Bottom