MOTOGP 2015

Soldato
Unfortunately Rossi blew it 2 weeks ago when he let his frustrations boil over.

Having said that, the way MM raced against him versus they way he raced (or didn't) today against Lorenzo shows he was right about MM.

Soldato

Having said that, the way MM raced against him versus they way he raced (or didn't) today against Lorenzo shows he was right about MM.

The race did no favours for Marques's reputation. Sitting behind Lorenzo only showing any action when Pedrosa came past will only fuel the social media "Conspiracy Nutters"

Ps. I'm a Rossi fan but Lorenzo did win the Championship fair & square :)

PPs. But I just cannot like him at all :D

Soldato

Having said that, the way MM raced against him versus the way he raced (or didn't) today against Lorenzo shows he was right about MM.

Hard not to agree with this...

It seemed like he had chances to pass Lorenzo... but, maybe not.... only Marquez knows for sure if he could've passed Lorenzo;)

Soldato
Lorenzo: "This is a world title for Spain."

That pretty much says it all. Not Yamaha. Spain.

The last couple of races have been really sad for MotoGP in what has otherwise been a great season of racing.

Soldato
VR got annoyed that Marquez was competing with him in Sepang, spoiling his title chances. Now VR is annoyed that MM was not battling with JL. A tad hypocritical you'll all agree?

That said, something does smell fishy. And it's not the paddock girls.

Man of Honour
This was the first race I haven't watched for years. I only really watched it as a Rossi fan but that ended with the BS he pulled at the last race. At that point he didn't deserve the title or my following. Congrats to Lorenzo on his 5th title but that's probably me done watching MotoGP.

Associate
From here http://news.yahoo.com/lorenzo-takes-motogp-world-title-rossi-misses-142632639--spt.html

In a bizarre twist, Lorenzo appeared to support Rossi's claim in an interview with Movistar MotoGP channel

Whilst denying that "any pact" existed between him and Marquez he intimated that his compatriots had helped him win the title by not passing him.

"They knew what I had in play," Lorenzo said.

"The fact they are Spaniards like me helped me.

"That helped me because for sure in another kind of race they would have tried to overtake which they didn't this time."

View galleryValentino Rossi had been seven points clear of
Valentino Rossi had been seven points clear of Jorge Lorenzo before the season-closing race in Valen …
He added: "If Valentino had been in my position and with Italians behind they would have done exactly the same.

"The title had to be for Spain."

in any other race Marquez would have passed him several times.

Associate
Held off my view on todays events. Firstly, well done Danny. A great composed ride to take your first world championship! really made up for the lad.

Onto the main event. It was already going to be a tough race for Vale, but he rode a simply stunning race to get to where he finished, granted it was made easier by Cal and Andrea's problems, but he made sure he was there to pick up as many points as he could. I guess his job was made easier by those who did not want to fight him, or dared not to? The roars from the crowd after every pass was fantastic. His tyres were clearly suffering by the time he had clear track, and I knew he had gone as far as he could.

The front 3 rode away, and for most part of that race, I expected that it was only a matter of time before Marquez went for Jorge, after all HRC had demanded it from both their riders. I knew Dani would come strong, for me there was an air of inevitability about it. As Dani got closer, I seriously expected MM to pull the trigger, as I have never seen MM sit on the tail and do nilch. As they came into the last few laps, and Dani attacked, I knew then that there was no way mm was going to let Dani past. The faster man of the three easily, was all of a sudden in a battle with mm and you could see, clear as daylight that mm was clearly riding shotgun to protect JL.

You can argue all day long about what VR did in Sepang, or has done in the past, but what you cannot do is deny that MM had any intention, other than to deny VR the Championship today or his interference at Sepang. Philip Island is possible also.

I think, from a personal level, that all 3 of the above mentioned have made the Championship tainted. At the end of the day, you can race your own race for sure, that is what is expected, but Marc turned this Championship into something ugly. Rossi didn't help matters with his antics. If what VR said about Alzamora was true, then Marc really is a petulant child and holds grudges over something only he done to harm his championship and not Rossi.

I have been a fan of this sport since the late Sheene/Roberts day's, and become transfixed by it when the VR reign took hold, but when the Doc walks away from this sport, there will not be anything left to keep me motivated to watch it.

For any of those that think it is just a VR fans conspiracy theory, ask yourself, If the roles were reversed between JL and VR would MM have held back? Had MM something to lose or gain, would he have at least tried to get past? The fact that he did not even show JL a front wheel speaks volumes about his intentions. It was clear that Dani was running with the HRC directive, and MM was running his personal vendetta against VR. What I will say is well done JL, on the track he was the consummate pro, and deserved the World Championship. His distasteful comments off it were uncalled for, and unprofessional, and I hope his antics have been noted from Yamaha.

A bad end to a season that was building up to be the most exciting in years, and for all the wrong reasons has let itself down.

Soldato
I think most people(not you) read what the stewards said. Rossi pushed MM wide.

Marquez was deliberately baulking Rossi... 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

I was disappointed with the race - Rossi rode fantastic to 4th. The only overtake Marquez made was to stop his team mate challenging Jorge....

Fantastic win by Jorge - I take nothing away from him, however Marquez has made MotoGP more like a football game rather than the discipline of a rugby game.... I don't like BS... Shame as I used to really rate him as he is a fantastic rider and could have easily passed Jorge.... as could Pedrosa....

Associate
Tbh VR starting from the back was a joke, I know he did wrong,but they should have found another way.

But they did match to snatch a rubbish season from the jaws of a great one.

I disagree. Vale's punishment was justified, because Marc fell. I do feel however that the actual fall had more to do with Marc, than Vale. From what I could make out, Marc opened the throttle into a ever decreasing gap, that could only have one outcome. Marc's bike made impact with Vale, not the other way around. Had that not happened, then who knows what the outcome would have been today.

Associate
I don't think the punishment made any difference, marc was always going to follow lorenzo in second so rossi had no chance.

I think it made a difference in the sense that he would never have the tyres to fight. If he had not been punished, then he would have had a greater chance of exerting pressure, and he likely would have qualified higher than he did in qualy. All hypothetical I know. VR's post race presser is a real eye opener though, and he didn't go to the awards after either, cited illness for his no show. Should have been more humble I think.

Soldato
VR got annoyed that Marquez was competing with him in Sepang, spoiling his title chances. Now VR is annoyed that MM was not battling with JL. A tad hypocritical you'll all agree?

That said, something does smell fishy. And it's not the paddock girls.

No it's not hypocritical at all. Quite the opposite. VR (and most fans of the sport) want MM to be consistent. So if MM consistently wants to interfere and cause shenanigans in a title fight that he is out of, then that should mean fighting with everyone he comes across on track, very much including JL.

What MM has done is ride in a targeted manor towards damaging VR progress and race results. He has done this by battling harder with Rossi than other people. He has done this by towing JL around during quali at Sepang and then tried to defend it, but it's the only time he has ever been seen to do this. He has done this by not engaging with JL when he was clearly quick enough to do so, especially in sector 2. In case you don't believe this, you only need to look at his reaction to DP coming through....instantly he finds a little extra to bounce straight back aggressively risking it all....but not against JL. MM constantly managed it to ride as a wingman to JL today. Honda set a standard from very high up that a one two was required today and to go all out to get it. JL was quick and there is no denying that, but in those closing stages, the final 7 laps, both Hondas were quicker and MM could have engaged but again chose not to.

MotoGP has always been viewed as "above" F1 because rarely are their team orders and games being played. This season has totally tarnished the raw, pure racing we are used to seeing.

When JL started out in MotoGP I was a big fan. Great to see such an exciting quick rider. He had a totally different style and had a couple of big high sides. He kept his head down and let the riding do the talking. The last couple of seasons I've lost all respect for him as I just see him as another Stoner Moaner when the going gets tough. Watching him cry about Rossi and getting involved when he did not need to was cringe worthy. Ensuring his own team mate was penalized as hard as possible... signs of a true champion that. His PR trainers will be working overtime on coaching him for next season because on camera, at times over the last few weeks he's come across very badly. That's a shame because he's so talented he does not need to be that way and can just race.

Pedrosa is the only one I respect on that podium today.

Danny Kent...amazing. :)

Rossi...where will he go from here. Who knows. I think this was the last time he had a really good chance to take a title...perhaps he never will get to 10 now.

The steward at least could have made the last race a proper race for the fans. Instead they made it impossible. They could have put them both on the same (level) points going into the race, or black flagged Rossi in Sepang so he took no points. Either would have been fine. But putting him to the back of the grid was too much. I standby Rossi did nothing wrong and only ran MM out wide as he deserved.

Way to ruin a season. :(

On the plus side, the racing has been good if you only look at the actual action. :)

Soldato
If it quacks like a duck, and waddles like a duck, then its a duck !

Rossi is correct is accusing Marquez. Today was the final nail in proof. As Rossi said himself, it was an embarrassment to the sport.

Back
Top Bottom