MotoGP 2020

Man of Honour
Really looking forward to this season, test in Sepang was very intriguing.

Aprilia seem to be right up there now having been nowhere the last couple years, KTM are looking potent too.
Both Suzuki and Yamaha look like race winners, Ducati have even more grunt but need to optimise the new rear Michelin compound.
Honda still rapid but a massive handful it seems and Marc's not going to be fully fit for another 1-2 months.

Looks like the racing is going to be the closest ever this year with all Manufacturers putting in quick times.

Associate
Really looking forward to it too.

Wondering how Alex will get on.

Still needing to buy tickets for Silverstone. I've sat in Becketts for the past 3 years (albeit 2018 was rain). Unsure if to change but can't think of anywhere better.

Man of Honour
MotoGP just got cancelled for opening round in Qatar due to travel restrictions surrounding coronavirus :o

Moto 2 & 3 still going ahead as they're already there from testing last few days.

Shame as I was really looking forward to seeing how things have shaken up order wise, suppose it's a blessing for Marc as he'll have at least another couple weeks to strengthen his shoulder.

Caporegime
Thailand gone too now :(
Confirmed anywhere?

nvm, found it.

If I were the MotoGP teams I’d be sending their staff either to America now or sending them outside Italy & Japan now so they can have two weeks outside the country. If they’re still Ok then they travel.

Last edited:
Soldato
Someone I know flew out to Qatar on Saturday as it was probably the last chance he'd get to see Rossi race. First it was the whole "not safe for US citizens to travel out there", that calmed down and now this. Gutted.

Did they only cancel MotoGP so that they don't have to refund all the tickets? It seems a bit weird to only run 2 classes on the basis that the main class has a lot of Italians.

Soldato
Someone I know flew out to Qatar on Saturday as it was probably the last chance he'd get to see Rossi race. First it was the whole "not safe for US citizens to travel out there", that calmed down and now this. Gutted.

Did they only cancel MotoGP so that they don't have to refund all the tickets? It seems a bit weird to only run 2 classes on the basis that the main class has a lot of Italians.

Moto2 and 3 were already there as they were testing last weekend.

Associate
Well deserved win, calm and controlled. MM gone for the season I'd guess looking at that crash in slow mo. He's such a massive talent but he has never known when to stop pushing.

Soldato
Well deserved win, calm and controlled. MM gone for the season I'd guess looking at that crash in slow mo. He's such a massive talent but he has never known when to stop pushing.

Well if he does come back he'll be struggling to play catch up if he misses a round or two. Could put Quatararo or Vinales into a position where they don't need to fight so hard to notch up enough points. Confirmed broken arm I see now.

Thing is without that drive to get back he wouldn't be the rider he is. Got to have that belief to be the best.

Back
Top Bottom