Motors YouTube Videos

Soldato
kinda unbelievable, giant diesels do well apparently and I always like these vids as it makes me think I can just go start up my ancient Rover I left sitting till I had space to work on it :o

Giving the game away with the wheels needs some stealth dust to seal it

OcUK Staff
That's utterly ridiculous.

It is, but they are becoming absolute bargains used.

To give you an idea when I was looking to buy this time last year I was eyeing up following cars, 570S, 720S, 430, 458, 488, Hurracan, Performante, GT3, GT3 RS.

Ferrari pre-sales service was fantastic with amazing hospitality, both Wilmslow and Swindon.
Lamborghini pre-sales again also amazing, Hurracan, Performante and Uris (spelling) test drives and demos.
Porsche, again accomodating but less easy to test drive, but I've driven a few GT3's now and know Porsche Wilmslow have good service having had them service my 911 C2S.
Mclaren were just not that friendly, the car I was interested in buying they would not let me test drive, I assume now the reason is because of the knock sensor issue mentioned in video, but I asked about outside storage and was told they are fine in all weathers, which is maybe not true.

Anyway I paid 150k for my car, if I'd not have put many miles on it it would be around 155-165k now, the miles however pitch it at 135-145k market price, Ferrari offered 139k to buy it back last week as they are searching for desirable cars as 458 high spec car values are on the up.
A Hurracan at 150k at the time is now in the 130-140k area, so also held money well.
Performante at the time were 200-210k, similar cars are now 170-185k, so they've taken a bit of a hit, cannot see them being hit much more as I'd take a Performante over an EVO any time.
Porsche GT3 991.1 were 100-110k, these are now 90-100k, so as Porsche do, values are solid.
Porsche GT3 991.2 were 150-160k, these are now 125k plus, so have being hit hard, even more surprised to find manuals at that price level too.
Porsche GT3 991.1 RS were 150-170k, they still are, held value very well!

Mclaren 570 were 110-120k in spec I wanted, I could now get in spec I wanted for around 75k, a massive hit, in fact a few of the cars I looked at are still for sale.
Mclaren 570 Spider were 150-160k, I could now get for 100-110k, 50k depreciation in less than a year and again still same cars for sale.
Mclaren 720S were close to 200k but falling fast even back then, they are now 150k area and as I know a few people who know people I am told I could be got into one for around 125k, simply crazy.

As per his video I really like Mclaren cars, the handling and cool factor is fantastic, the power train is not particular to my liking, but what kills it is residuals and service, they are simply terrible.

I have zero regrets buying the 458, it is nothing short of sensation and unlike stuff like the GT3 and Lambo's it is way more enjoyable at legal speeds and a supercar that oodles class. It has also being reliable, the ownership experience is nothing but fantastic and my plan is to keep it for a few years yet as the belief is the values will simply go up, last NA V8 mid-engine Ferrari, its the last Pininfarina Ferrari and the last hydraulic steering Ferrari (I think). It combines classic Ferrari with modern Ferrari in one package, the best of both worlds and that is why they are starting to become hard to get hold off in decent specification, carbon LED wheel, carbon seats, carbon interior, forge wheels etc. in a bright bold colour. In short if I can exit ownership in a few years and get back what I paid happy days, if I make a profit then great stuff, its simply the best car I've driven and the best ownership experience I have ever had, here is to another happy year of motoring in it. :)

Back
Top Bottom