Mountain Biking

Associate
IF anyone is interested, I have a few videos from Bike Park Wales on my youtube channel. 3 of which are me falling off :D In my defence, it's all black runs I came off on and it was very muddy/slippy that day!

I'm back there on 10/02 so will add some more then (probably of me falling off again, but on a new bike!)

P.S. may be some mild swearing:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT62GcDxmZLgcA0sg7goIeQ

Soldato
Looks good - I'm going in the summer for my stag do. I think the black runs are a bit above my ability level but hoping to take on some of the red runs. :D

Any tips for a BPW n00b?

Last edited:
Soldato
Start with the blues. They're fast and superb fun.
Then start mixing it up with blue/red/red/blue etc.

If you find them fine then a few of the bottom blacks are more than ok if you're comfortable on the reds.

Soldato
Start with the blues. They're fast and superb fun.
Then start mixing it up with blue/red/red/blue etc.

If you find them fine then a few of the bottom blacks are more than ok if you're comfortable on the reds.

Agree, a lot of the blues are under rated. Very fast and lots of fun. Ignore those who say if you're not doing the blacks then you're rubbish. They are mainly the jumpers, who think its the be all and end all.

Lots of fund to be hand on blues and reds. (Vicious valley into Bonnyville is my favorite run.

Soldato
I mostly do reds at Glentress with the odd black run but some of the best and most fun have to be the blue trails.

The blues at Glentress were immense fun when I was there last year. Dead easy to ride, but setup in a way where if you're skilled and confident enough to carry more speed you can get some big air and have huge fun. Planning on a trip up there again later in the year :)

The blues are BPW are pretty decent too, and most of the reds aren't that tricky providing you are happy to take it a little cautiously.

Caporegime
The blues at Glentress were immense fun when I was there last year. Dead easy to ride, but setup in a way where if you're skilled and confident enough to carry more speed you can get some big air and have huge fun. Planning on a trip up there again later in the year :)

The blues are BPW are pretty decent too, and most of the reds aren't that tricky providing you are happy to take it a little cautiously.

Could loop berm baby berm for hours. :D

Soldato
I love the blues at Glentress, barely do many blacks at glentress.

Pedal up to Spooky wood then down from there, love fallah brae at the end.

Even in Morzine hitting a green trail flat out made it so much fun.

Soldato
Only been to Glentress once on a very warm sunny day in November 2015. Really enjoyed the blue descent and red not too shabby either. Far better than Swinley!

Caporegime
I love the blues at Glentress, barely do many blacks at glentress.

Pedal up to Spooky wood then down from there, love fallah brae at the end.

Even in Morzine hitting a green trail flat out made it so much fun.

The black at GT is mostly because of distance though, right? Never done it before.

Blues at Morzine are fast and fun. Plus the additional lines make it quite exciting. Done it a fair bit due to mate being a massive pussy. But you could build up a lot of speed.

Associate
Looks good - I'm going in the summer for my stag do. I think the black runs are a bit above my ability level but hoping to take on some of the red runs. :D

Any tips for a BPW n00b?

The one I crashed on, twice, is a great run. Don't be scared by the first double - it's very easy and well made.

The blue runs are great fun actually and you can go as hard and as easy as you like. To be fair that applies to most of the red runs too.

Sixtapod into willy waver is a good track to start on.

I like the A470 (red) into either coal not dole or pork belly (both black) and then the new Insufficient funds line with big fly outs.

Soldato
I've never found the courage for that initial gap jump on Dai Hard. Even though everyone going over it makes it look effortless. The gap jump near the start of Enter the Dragon is just another level though :eek:
Breaking it down with a calm mind it should be easier than the table tops on the A470 to get right, but that gap just puts a mental block on it for me currently.

Definitely need to try and overcome that one this year. Spotted there's a pump track/some jumps ~5 mins from my house where I can practise more regularly to get used to being in the air, hopefully that will pay off!

Associate
Yea wish i could jump, really need to hit a pump track to practise. Im ok with drop offs up to 2 ft then i have a mental block.. need to somehow get out of that block!

Back
Top Bottom