Mountain Biking

Associate
The cranks have been off before when I replaced the originals with Race Face ones so should come off ok. I want to go like for like, I've found the 22t on Wiggle but can't find a 36t, looking on CRC there seem to be loads of options for 36t/104, most seem single or triple, but does that matter?

bike-components.de seem to have a good range of stuff with compatibility notes.
Evans Cycle

this should fit but you may want to give them a call before ordering just to be sure.

@XE11 Unfortunately not, it’s an entire estate of flats all with underground car parks etc :(

Might give one of those 12v eBay pressure washers a try and get it mounted in the van, will review afterwards! :p

when i was living in a flat. i use one of those portable shower for camping (basically water bag hanged overhead) to rinse off most dirt before i mount the bike on the car, then i will take it to Sainsbury car wash (the manual ones with high pressure jet).

Last edited:
Soldato
@XE11 Sainsburys/supermarket pressure washers aren't a bad shout!

Problem is i've got a nice little canal path/riverside trail 50m from my flat and want to get blasting up and down that in the evenings, and I think the flat mate would lose his mind if there was muddy bike trails in the hallway, as would I :p

FYI this is where the bike is living :p

Last edited:
Soldato
That’s full commitment if I’ve ever seen it.

“We don’t have room for your bike in the house!”

“Don’t be stupid, loads of room, look.”

:D

Hahahaha :D

It’s a 2 bed flat with two ensuites so this toilets only ever used when people are round.

When people are round bike will go on the balcony under a tarp briefly, or I might just stick a bucket on the balcony for the guests :p

Soldato
I know Voodoo bikes are not the best but with the current offers the Voodoo Minister is in budget. Gut feeling is I would be better off with a hard tail rather than a cheap FS but at £680 it is tempting. What are peoples opinions?

Soldato
I know Voodoo bikes are not the best but with the current offers the Voodoo Minister is in budget. Gut feeling is I would be better off with a hard tail rather than a cheap FS but at £680 it is tempting. What are peoples opinions?

Depends how much you'll be using it. Once in a while it'll do the job, every weekend up at Peaslake I don't think it'll last long, the parts are very budget bin.

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a good cheap dropper post for my Caliber Bossnut Evo?
brand x one on CRC seems cheap / fine
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/brand-x-ascend-120mm-150mm-dropper-seatpost/rp-prod149024
not tried one but lots of reviews say its good
30.9 stealth one for your bike, not sure which height you need / want

Yep been running one for over a year now. I got the ascend XL, which at the time I bought was half the price of the Reverb stealth. I'll be honest, I wouldnt even consider running anything else now considering the price, and the functionality. Nor could I in good conscience recommend other more expensive droppers, when there is no real justifiable reason to. It has worked flawlessly and functions just as well as its competition at twice the price.

Back
Top Bottom