Mouse mat

Associate
What's everyone using?
my last 2 mats have been corsair brand, just recently i almost went down the logitech powerplay road but i could not justify the £100 price tag.
then someone mentioned glass mats but they are quite pricey too.

so whats out there worth buying my current mat is probably 3-4yrs old.

thanks

Soldato
Currently a Titanwolf XXL, big desk topper type thing that cost me £15 or so.

Good quality, tons of different design options, and tbh I don't find the more expensive options of the type to be any better quality or usage wise.

Here's one for an example:
titanwolf.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Does the actual difference in mat thickness play a big part in performance of is it just to cater for personal prefs?

Soldato
Used an aluminium corsair one
For the last 10 years
But my other half decided to "tidy" my pc room
No idea where she put it

So dug out an Asus rog sheath
That came free with something I bought
I have to say I actually prefer it to the feeling of
The hard aluminium one
Only issue is it's huge so I had to cut it
Because the desk has a cutout section above the
Keyboard tray
But it cut easily and it didn't fray along the cut area

Mouse mats are probably going to be subjective
What one person likes another may not
Hard ones like aluminium or glass will certainly last an
Exceptionally long time
No sign of wear at all after 10 years use
So while they may be more expensive
If you like the feel of the hard surface it will last so long
It's worth the extra cost

Soldato
I had a glass one a while back but couldn't get on with it as I was playing bf1 at the time and found it way too sensitive for me, but I did stick with it until the surface got worn, I have a corsair matt at the moment and I like it as its waterproof.

Soldato
Cannot really beat the Titanwolfs for the money. Great quality and plenty of style options. I've had the old style map version, grey map version and am now on the coloured map version:

YwvMzjI.jpeg

I'll never go back, you can get some huge coverage that looks great (as mentioned earlier, tons of options) and feels amazing.

It is a cloth style thing though, I get that some prefer hard (metal/glass) pads but I was a sworn oldschool Icemat advocate until moving to modern padded/fabric pads.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yeah I've had solid mats before and no thanks, I prefer the comfort of rubber backed cloth. Nothing worse than resting your hand and arms on a hard surface for hours on end, especially in winter.

Soldato
Been using OCUK mats for years now, even got one at work, just lovely.

Before that probably a Func 1030 or an everglide HL2 Giganta lol.

Last edited:
Associate
Artisan Hayate Otsu in soft, the XL version. Had it for over 2 years now, but I do swap between the Otsu and the Hien from Artisan every so often.

Surface material/texture depends a lot on what your preference is for speed/control - and my favourite thing about Artisan's pads is the consistency between X and Y axis. I struggled with some pads (BenQ/Zowie) where it would feel significantly slower swiping up than it would swiping across.

Soldato
I've used the Artisan Zero in mid speed as well for a long time and can vouch for the quality, can be a bit pricey and take a while to ship since it comes from Japan however.

LGG Saturn Pro is the mousepad I've been using most of the last year and really enjoying the feel of it, feels so nice to rest your hand on.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I have an ocuk one on my test bench PC setup. It is good but it's just plain black and shows dust or other stuff really easily which can be annoying. A world map is more interesting :p

Otherwise the quality between them is identical.

Back
Top Bottom