moving from industry lead to small player

Man of Honour
Or leader to Niche player if you go by the Gartner terms...

I've been working for one of the largest software companies for about 3 years as a pre-sales solutions consultant and have recently been approached by a smaller niche player looking for someone to fill a similar role in a smaller team.

The money is better (about 30% up) although i'm not sure the on target bit will be as achievable.

Its a smaller company so probably more opportunity for growth within the role and business, its a new challenge etc.

But i would be competing (to a small degree) with the existing company and colleges, and i'd be moving from a big solid behemoth with good brand recognition etc to a much smaller player.

Has anyone made a similar step?

Soldato
I've done similar but in development but not pre-sales. I would say it didnt really work out for me, as the smaller company just got smaller. But I would love to try it again. I once worked in a smaller company that grew massively and really enjoyed that excitement and buzz. I'd love to get back to that, but the risk is harder to do when you are older and have commitments.

I think I would need to see the closure success of the smaller company. If they are genuinely growing or, just getting by.

Back
Top Bottom