MPs vote that ‘animals can’t feel pain.

Caporegime
Not really, "I don't believe in animal sentience" and "I believe in animal sentience but I don't believe it should be enshrined in law for X reason" are very different statements. One is sensationalist and one promotes a decent discussion.
There is no moral reason to not enshrine it in law. Only commercial. Greed.

Soldato
There is no moral reason to not enshrine it in law. Only commercial. Greed.
I don't disagree although I would be interested in hearing some balanced arguments before drawing a conclusion, from a quick look most of the internet is much like this thread title unfortunately.

Soldato
Not really, "I don't believe in animal sentience" and "I believe in animal sentience but I don't believe it should be enshrined in law for X reason" are very different statements. One is sensationalist and one promotes a decent discussion.

A refusal to recognize it in law. Or effectively to remove recognition as the debate was whether to keep EU law. Either way, it's absurd and wrong to remove one of the basic foundations of animal welfare law that is established scientific fact.

I'm Right Wing. The Tories ought to be my party. But every time they find some way to bring in some stupid immoral social issue. Probably because somebody's inbred cousin wants to go badger baiting or something.

Back
Top Bottom