• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI 290/290X Gaming Edition Thread

Soldato
Thought Id stick this in here as I can't be the only one who has pre-ordered and is now chewing my nails off and wearing out my F5 button on the store webpage to see if they have come in as expected.

Who else has pre-ordered one of these?

Soldato
OP
Thanks. That's solidified my decision, the MSI it is. Now I anxiously await stock :D

Same here

Ask in customer services and post the reply here for others to see.

I have pre-ordered and they don't know when they are coming in as they were due Fri, any day now was the most specific response I could get - fair enough, ocuk are at the mercy of the supplier and as one of the first non-reference designs, Im expecting these to be popular

Soldato
OP
Pre-ordered another one, so that is 2 now, hopefully they will get here soon as Im impatient to see the difference the stock cooler makes when trying to clock these higher, as well as seeing if the memory is any better on these cards.

Soldato
OP
Although it says pre-order, it looks like the 290X versions are in as when you go to the product page, they have 10+ in stock
Im hoping that the normal 290's are in and they just haven't updated the page yet as I have a serious case of shiny new gadget lust..

Soldato
OP
Hmmm I got my 290 msi gaming edt this morning, ran a bunch of tests. It has great temps 77c max and is pretty much silent.

Also mine shows vrm temps just fine...

oh and proof of card I guess

Thanks for taking the time to do that and clear up the VRM issue, nice to see 77C at 100% load.

Soldato
OP
Not sure what is going on, installed afterburner and I have no fan tab, and the monitoring isn't complete - it is not picking up any usage on my gpu cores, even though Im mining, sections are missing (I have no gpu temp graphs or the option to tick the box for them.)
Hardware control is selected, but there are no values in the boxes and I can't touch any slider, it must be keeping its settings somewhere, but I can't find where as I have uninstalled it several times now and then re-installed, no difference

Back
Top Bottom