MSI B350M MORTAR not posting

Associate
Hi all,

Just built this pc and the ez debug led are on cpu and dram. No post at all. Specs below:

CPU: 1700X custom water cooled
GPU: R9 280X
RAM: 2X8GB GEIL RGB
MB: MSI B350M MORTAR
PSU:700W CORSAIR

I have tried dual ram, single slot, and in every slot, resetting the camps with and without gpu and without ram. Still get the same leds every time. My thoughts are a faulty motherboard? Have I missed anything obvious? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Caporegime
Ok then try these,

ClearCMOS (poweroff at wall, battery out for a bit, refit and powerON)

Then Try using just board, CPU+Cooler and single RAM stick (remove all drives and GXF cards)

Then after that you should also check the case power button is going to the right pins.

Then its a case of building the system outside of the case in case its shorting out.

Associate
OP
Okay, I have tried all this but the taking it out of the case. Don't have a cooler that will work with it outside the case so can't really try it. But everything else still gets no or failed cpu and ram

Associate
Out the case on the motherboard box is a good idea, have a look at the back of the socket and make sure nothing is touching the metal backplate, try refitting if not sure - i assume it comes with rubber gasket, my ek did with 8350 (haven't fitted these cpu so don't know what kind of mounting they have). I wouldn't try running without waterblock attached to cpu without the backplate attached - asking for trouble.

Associate
I'm having exactly the same issue with a new Ryzen build. MSI B350M Mortar won't post.
The EZ debug led's for ram and cpu are on.Have tried reseating the motherboard and cpu
power cables multiple times. Have removed the bios battery for 10mins.
Will remove the Kraken x62 cooler and install the stock cooler tomorrow and try running
outside of the case.

If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it.

Fractal Design C Mini
Ryzen 1700
Corsair LPX DDR4 3000Mhz
MSI B350 Mortar
Kraken x62 280mm AIO
Corsair AX850 PSU

Soldato
I'm having exactly the same issue with a new Ryzen build. MSI B350M Mortar won't post.
The EZ debug led's for ram and cpu are on.Have tried reseating the motherboard and cpu
power cables multiple times. Have removed the bios battery for 10mins.
Will remove the Kraken x62 cooler and install the stock cooler tomorrow and try running
outside of the case.

If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it.

Fractal Design C Mini
Ryzen 1700
Corsair LPX DDR4 3000Mhz
MSI B350 Mortar
Kraken x62 280mm AIO
Corsair AX850 PSU

Yes, they hate corsair RAM until you update the bios to the one that contains the AGESA update, been talking about this over on Tom's Hardware, so many people with the same problem, 1 guy in took his back to the shop (A shop in Bolton), they put crucial ram in it to test it and it fired straight up no problems, updated the bios and then it worked fine after that with his Corsair RAM, do you have any otyher ram you can try / use, RyZen seems to like Crucial and G.Skill the best.

Back
Top Bottom