MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC - no POST after BIOS flashback

Associate
Guys after all this time... we've done it. I wanna thank each and everyone single on of you truly, i've actually got a post and boot. Gonna install windows and finally after years have an actual desktop computer. I took everything out, put it alllll back in, SAW ALL THE BUG LIGHTS FLASHING then went green i thought ACTUALLY!? then post screen.... So i'm a happy man. It's installing windows right now, i think it's about to pop up and let me get into the OS.

Associate
Guys after all this time... we've done it. I wanna thank each and everyone single on of you truly, i've actually got a post and boot. Gonna install windows and finally after years have an actual desktop computer. I took everything out, put it alllll back in, SAW ALL THE BUG LIGHTS FLASHING then went green i thought ACTUALLY!? then post screen.... So i'm a happy man. It's installing windows right now, i think it's about to pop up and let me get into the OS.
Not entirely sure what the problem was, but glad it's sorted haha.

Associate
Anyone ever have any luck fixing this?

I have the same issue on a revision 1.1 version of this board, cannot get it to post and it has no signal most of the time. Then randomly it’ll post and work absolutely fine....

I have tried

different ram in all slots
Different psu
Build outside of case
M.2 nvme in or out, different SATA ssd or Hdd
Reseating GPU
Reseating cpu
6 different bios’
Resetting the bios 10+ times

Soldato
Anyone ever have any luck fixing this?

I have the same issue on a revision 1.1 version of this board, cannot get it to post and it has no signal most of the time. Then randomly it’ll post and work absolutely fine....

I have tried

different ram in all slots
Different psu
Build outside of case
M.2 nvme in or out, different SATA ssd or Hdd
Reseating GPU
Reseating cpu
6 different bios’
Resetting the bios 10+ times

Nope, I volunteered to build my nephew's Xmas present and cannot for the life of me get the CPU led error light to go off.

V1.1 board, 3600X and brand new Corsair PSU.

I've tried about 5 different BIOS versions, all flashed with nothing attached except the PSU cable.

Removed the battery for 5 minutes before flashing to see if the CMOS was an issue.

I guess the only thing I can do is find someone with an AMD board to test the CPU?

Soldato
I've tried about 5 different BIOS versions, all flashed with nothing attached except the PSU cable.

Attach the CPU power cable as well (even though there's no CPU). In other words, just the motherboard with CPU power cable and 24-pin cable connected.

Use a USB flash drive 16GB or less, but first go into Diskpart and identify the USB drive from the list and do the following:

XXvDyLr.png

The convert MBR trick is helping some people.

Grab the latest BIOS file and stick it, and nothing else, on the USB drive. And rename the file to MSI.ROM

Then try Flashback again, and wait more than 5 minutes if necessary for the led beside the USB Flashback port to stop flashing. Then use a flat tip screwdriver to short the two power pins and power the board off. Set PSU switch to OFF and repeat the power pins shorting for 10 seconds to drain all power. Remove the USB flash drive. Then build and see what happens.

Last edited:
Soldato
Attach the CPU power cable as well (even though there's no CPU). In other words, just the motherboard with CPU power cable and 24-pin cable connected.

Use a USB flash drive 16GB or less, but first go into Diskpart and identify the USB drive from the list and do the following:

XXvDyLr.png

The convert MBR trick is helping some people.

Grab the latest BIOS file and stick it, and nothing else, on the USB drive. And rename the file to MSI.ROM

Then try Flashback again, and wait more than 5 minutes if necessary for the led beside the USB Flashback port to stop flashing. Then use a flat tip screwdriver to short the two power pins and power the board off. Set PSU switch to OFF and repeat the power pins shorting for 10 seconds to drain all power. Remove the USB flash drive. Then build and see what happens.

Happy to help if you are local

Thanks both, it was the CPU power.

Though embarrassingly, it's only my 2nd build and first with a modular power supply. I may have left the CPU cable in the box all along....

Back
Top Bottom