MSI GAMING NOTEBOOKS

Associate
OP
oh, I dont mind the fingerprints too much, A lot of the work I do is in porter cabins on construction site (Cad technician) so everything its not like anything else is clean lol.

The material is worth the sacrifice, its just if there is some magic coating, maybe some of that water proofing spray which makes all liquid roll off stuff, would stop the oils from finger prints sticking?

I am sure the R&D department will come up with something soon :)

Soldato
If, on the slim models, you have to stick to a design that isnt very user friendly for taking apart etc. You could try adding a removeable fan filter on the intakes? just have it slide in and clip in, then push in to release sort of spring/clips

Caporegime
most of us dont care about SSD raid.

Agree about this... it's a completely and utterly redundant and highly limiting feature. A single SDD is all the speed you need for a primary drive (and 512GB is cheap now), then the option for adding a mechanical HDD or another SSD for storage will suit 99.9% of people. Not sure who at MSI thought it would be a good idea to put in a 128/256GB RAID, but don't let them them make any specification decisions in future please. :p

Last edited:
Associate
If, on the slim models, you have to stick to a design that isnt very user friendly for taking apart etc. You could try adding a removeable fan filter on the intakes? just have it slide in and clip in, then push in to release sort of spring/clips

Ooh, i like that idea! my GS60 is getting very dusty at the mo on top where it sucks in the air!

It also means it gets warm with the lid down, as its being choked! :)

Associate
Another thing I would love to see is more laptop with connections on the back. for things like the charger port and display ports. I noticed some of the bigger MSI laptops had this feature but things like the GS70 have the power connector on the side which is kind of annoying.

this is obviously quite a big change to the laptops design but maybe something to consider for future iterations :)

Associate
I like how the msi laptops are now and next buy will probably be that in the family.

What i would like to see though is an 11inch proper gaming laptop/tablet with windows. In the likes of m11x from Alienware. Since 2012 we haven't seen something like that only some low powered laptops/netbooks/tablets, i like having something that small because of the portability and i commute for hours. At home i would use this as a steam streamer to my 51inc tv when i want to play something with a gamepad plus my desktop is upstairs, while i can take the experience on the go as well without carrying a really huge/heavy laptop, or on the other side a device with ATOM (ouch) that will run skyrim with tweaks and 640x480 and extra super duper low quality. If thats the case i can keep the 3ds.

Razer edge could be a good hint on the right direction as well but only if the device came with a proper keyboard and not how it was sold.

Associate
Hey man

Looking at your notebooks in the £800/900 range. Any chance of stocking some with intel / nvidea insides?

Ta

Associate
Put the cost towards components that really count.

Ram
GPU
CPU
Screen

Forget 2xSSD in raid0. I cannot find a real world benchmark that shows it is worthwhile.

I bought a GS60 (1x128GB ssd, 860m GPU and 8GB ram). I would have spent extra for a 256GB SSD, 16GB ram. But I did not want raid0 and 870m.

My main use is lightroom, photoshop and photography related software.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=LT-132-MS

The GS70 appears to come with 128 x 2 in RAID 2, is that not correct (sorry been a while since bought a new pc).

Is the 1500MB/s performance not a good thing?

Soldato
I was just going to say, I need a new laptop in the next 2 weeks and noticed OCUK don't do mid range lappy's. quite disappointed really as not everyone has the budget to suit £900+

some i5, 84/50m 8gb laptops would be awesome!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I was just going to say, I need a new laptop in the next 2 weeks and noticed OCUK don't do mid range lappy's. quite disappointed really as not everyone has the budget to suit £900+

some i5, 84/50m 8gb laptops would be awesome!

ON IT!

:) - I will get something sorted next week for sure!

ARJiBEAR
The MSI NOTEBOOK UK Team

Soldato
There are so many things I could suggest lol.

For your design team how about a 13" machine with no dedicated GPU but an external port to allow connection to one of your lovely desktop GPUs in a caddy?

You can keep the 13" slim with a reasonable CPU but best of keeping it a full fat quad to let it keep up the the dGPU. Bonus points for optimus working through this on the internal display (dGPU outputs left as is of course). More bonus points to let it take up to an extreme CPU with overclocking options.

For your current machines, reverse the soldered CPU on the GT72 and go with a proper circuit, no compromises on your top machine after all.

For configuration options at ocuk.

Where did all the GT60 machines go?

3k IPS and 1080P IPS options on those (not everyone wants 3k so make sure the 1080p IPS panel is top notch).

Associate
OP
There are so many things I could suggest lol.

For your design team how about a 13" machine with no dedicated GPU but an external port to allow connection to one of your lovely desktop GPUs in a caddy?

You can keep the 13" slim with a reasonable CPU but best of keeping it a full fat quad to let it keep up the the dGPU. Bonus points for optimus working through this on the internal display (dGPU outputs left as is of course). More bonus points to let it take up to an extreme CPU with overclocking options.

For your current machines, reverse the soldered CPU on the GT72 and go with a proper circuit, no compromises on your top machine after all.

For configuration options at ocuk.

Where did all the GT60 machines go?

3k IPS and 1080P IPS options on those (not everyone wants 3k so make sure the 1080p IPS panel is top notch).

Hi Meaker....

I feel you may know things that you are not supposed to know.....

Some of the above is already happening....watch this space!

ARJiBEAR
The MSI NOTEBOOK UK Team

Associate
Im looking to buy a latop in the £650-999 price range this month, something similiar to msi gx60 but with a difference CPU, that is the only thing that put me off from getting it. I personally feel if OCUK can get some decent laptops in the £800 range with the similiar gpu performance, ssd, hdd and atleast an i5 it will be sold very quick

Associate
OP
Im looking to buy a latop in the £650-999 price range this month, something similiar to msi gx60 but with a difference CPU, that is the only thing that put me off from getting it. I personally feel if OCUK can get some decent laptops in the £800 range with the similiar gpu performance, ssd, hdd and atleast an i5 it will be sold very quick

Hi there,

I am in with OCUK tomorrow, and will discuss with them this range. I know they are very eager to bring some in at this price point.

Many thanks

ARJiBEAR

Associate
Hi there,

I am in with OCUK tomorrow, and will discuss with them this range. I know they are very eager to bring some in at this price point.

Many thanks

ARJiBEAR

Keep us update, personally feel laptops need to be targeted at £600-800 range, £600 as an entry level into gaming laptops and £800 as entry mid range and etc imo this an open market anything above 1k i just feel get a normal PC instead or just puts people off buying atleast from my point of view thats how i feel.
Most laptops that cost around £800 all seem to lack something either it has a bad cpu, or no ssd, or no OS or even a rather poor gpu like the 840/850m. 860m seems to be decent enough according to some reviews i dunno what the normal prices are for R9 M290X but amd usually tends to be cheaper than intel and that imo is a good gpu.

Back
Top Bottom