DON'T BUY MSI THEY MIS-SOLD TOP SPEC GT SERIES LAPTOPS with MXM Graphics

Associate
That is indeed an shame but what do you expect if you are working yourself up into such an obsessive frenzy? If you are so nervously hyped then you will rush things, not pay full attention to what you're doing, and that is how (expensive) mistakes such as this happen.

Relax, take some deep breaths, and once your new payment is finalized take some more deep breaths and put some of energy into other things. This may be important to you, but it isn't life or death.

your right and i knew this before i read your reply, ive been calming myself down. i know the payment will be correct and just need to be patient. Richdog, thank you just needed to vent a bit.

i was getting my old wii out and fixing it up to let my son start to play with it a little. that should help my gaming cravings.

Associate
your right and i knew this before i read your reply, ive been calming myself down. i know the payment will be correct and just need to be patient. Richdog, thank you just needed to vent a bit.

i was getting my old wii out and fixing it up to let my son start to play with it a little. that should help my gaming cravings.

I would look into why it was rejected, a EUR payment to a GBP account should not fail, it should go through and they should receive an exchange rate from the bank.

I believe I paid GBP into their EUR account as they didn't provide a GBP account. I'll have to check but I think I have an email from Natalie that it's OK.

I also got them to pay my transfer fee of 25 EUR as I bought the laptop in this country and I should be able to pay to a UK account but as they gave no other option and we agreed a price they had to pay the transfer fee I incurred.

EDIT: just to add weight to the above I used to work for a leading highstreet bank and also worked in credit collections for international accounts for a large company. So I know my way around payments/fees/exchange rates etc especially when it comes to international transfers.

Associate
I would look into why it was rejected, a EUR payment to a GBP account should not fail, it should go through and they should receive an exchange rate from the bank.

I believe I paid GBP into their EUR account as they didn't provide a GBP account. I'll have to check but I think I have an email from Natalie that it's OK.

I also got them to pay my transfer fee of 25 EUR as I bought the laptop in this country and I should be able to pay to a UK account but as they gave no other option and we agreed a price they had to pay the transfer fee I incurred.

EDIT: just to add weight to the above I used to work for a leading highstreet bank and also worked in credit collections for international accounts for a large company. So I know my way around payments/fees/exchange rates etc especially when it comes to international transfers.
I paid GBP to Polish bank with no fee. Found this the easiest part of the upgrade program.

@miral79 I hope you get it sorted soon mate.

well the email i got from Natalie about the payment, it had a list of different ibans for different currencies, my bank said the MSI bank rejected the payment, and also withdrew 75 euros from the payment as a handling fee/bank fee for the wrong account. "this was my fault as i did rush and didn't send to the correct iban, but in fairness i would have thought the bank would have still accepted it maybe adding a fee on top to process it..." I wont ask msi to pay for this because it was my fault.

I did receive something interesting just a few min ago, i got an email saying a my parcel is being shipped, they provided a ups tracking, but it has my original laptop serial number on it, when you got your shipping labels did it have your original laptop serial numbers on it? I'm going to email Natalie to ask just in case. but if true the new laptop has an estimated arrival date of thursday the 16th :)

Last edited:
Associate
ok something interesting i have noticed from the email i got from msi. the email is dated 14th march in the ups tracking it says that the order was processed at 13/3 at 10:39 am collected at 13/3 15:40

now i went to my bank yesterday 13/3 around 12 noon to re arrange the payment. so did msi ship it out before realizing the payment was rejected? i don't care because this makes it faster for me to get the laptop :) and msi should have received the payment already. just thought this was interestingly odd lol parcel is currently in germany.

Associate
update

got an email from Natalie today, saying she doesn't think its the new laptop being shipped as it will only ship once my payment has cleared. i called up UPS to check the destination and its coming to my place tomorrow. the email with the shipping label did have my old/original msi laptop serial so i wondering if its my old/original. if it is the original, i wonder what will happen next, as in will msi hold off on shipping me my new laptop until they receive this 1 back? if it my original laptop thats been sent back to me, i wonder how much delay this will cause... either way my payment to MSI bank should have been cleared yesterday or this morning, so im expecting a very interesting reply from Natalie about whats going to happen...

Caporegime
update

got an email from Natalie today, saying she doesn't think its the new laptop being shipped as it will only ship once my payment has cleared. i called up UPS to check the destination and its coming to my place tomorrow. the email with the shipping label did have my old/original msi laptop serial so i wondering if its my old/original. if it is the original, i wonder what will happen next, as in will msi hold off on shipping me my new laptop until they receive this 1 back? if it my original laptop thats been sent back to me, i wonder how much delay this will cause... either way my payment to MSI bank should have been cleared yesterday or this morning, so im expecting a very interesting reply from Natalie about whats going to happen...
That would be very annoying if they shipped your old one back without waiting for you to sort out the payment... unfair, even.

Associate
That would be very annoying if they shipped your old one back without waiting for you to sort out the payment... unfair, even.

yes it does seem unfair, but i don't think they did that intentionally, well atleast i hope not, and especially since i was the 1 that notified MSI regarding what happened with the bank, msi didn't contact me to say there was a problem with my payment and they had atleast 2 business days after the bank rejected the payment to notify me, but failed to do so.

i really wonder what msi will do with this, if it is my original laptop sent back to me, will they wait to get it back before shipping the new laptop? because this seems extremely unfair since i had to pay 2 different times for an urgent transfer/payment. if they do hold back on sending the new laptop, i wonder if this could be a good case for a free upgrade to the 1080 gpu?

Associate
@miral79 have you found out what's being shipped to you yet?

No info yet from Natalie, probably tomorrow I will hear from her, and tomorrow the package will be delivered. According to the original email it looks like my old/original laptop is what's been sent to me.

Well see which happens first either Natalie emails me to let mw know what's going on or I will get the delivery and email to ask what's going on.

But I can see this getting dragged out a bit.

Associate
update,

this is driving me insane, ups apparently attempted delivery this morning but went to the wrong address, and has put notice that receiver has refused delivery, ive been on and off all morning with ups trying to fix this, still not resolved, but i have got them to at least redeliver again but not sure if it will be today or tomorrow.

Still no word from Natalie about whats going on.

Associate
update,

this is driving me insane, ups apparently attempted delivery this morning but went to the wrong address, and has put notice that receiver has refused delivery, ive been on and off all morning with ups trying to fix this, still not resolved, but i have got them to at least redeliver again but not sure if it will be today or tomorrow.

Still no word from Natalie about whats going on.
Hi, as I mentioned in the email, the new laptop will not be shipped out until the payment has been received, and once received we will send you a tracking number for that. Feel free to ignore any further UPS updates until we confirm we have received the payment. It looks like they may have shipped a replacement part for your old laptop to you by accident, instead of the repair centre - this has been recalled. Apologies for any confusion!

Associate
Hi, as I mentioned in the email, the new laptop will not be shipped out until the payment has been received, and once received we will send you a tracking number for that. Feel free to ignore any further UPS updates until we confirm we have received the payment. It looks like they may have shipped a replacement part for your old laptop to you by accident, instead of the repair centre - this has been recalled. Apologies for any confusion!

ok first things first, have you been able to confirm my payment? latest it should have cleared was yesterday.

also an email or call to tell me that you were recalling my parcel delivery would have been nice/common courtesy.... instead of letting my waste my time all day with ups. especially since i emailed you yesterday asking what this is about, you could have gave me the heads up about this... not kool

also no offense i don't believe your story about replacement part being shipped to me. as it was sent from the destination that my original laptop was sent to, they would be receiving the parts not sending it out.

Associate
ok first things first, have you been able to confirm my payment? latest it should have cleared was yesterday.

also an email or call to tell me that you were recalling my parcel delivery would have been nice/common courtesy.... instead of letting my waste my time all day with ups. especially since i emailed you yesterday asking what this is about, you could have gave me the heads up about this... not kool
edit: Never mind, resolved on the phone with miral

Associate
edit: Never mind, resolved on the phone with miral

all ok talked with Natalie and she explained whats happening.

update/explanation of what happened.

MSI has recalled the parcel, which according to Natalie were parts to repair my original laptop or something from my original laptop to be repaired. the parcel was supposed to be shipped to MSI repair facility in the UK, but was shipped to me for some reason. Natalie says that it was a mistake they put my original serial number on it, and mistakenly shipped to my address.

MSI still haven't confirmed my payment, Natalie said possibly tomorrow or friday the payment will get confirmed then they will proceed to ship the new laptop out.

so hopefully if my payment went through without any issues i should get the new laptop sometime next week.

fingers crossed :)

Last edited:
Associate
Nice, that's what we like to hear.....

.....now about legal threats made by @Loki ......

Not that I want to get Loki in trouble, but if he did make threats without authorisation or speaking to his legal team this should be investigated.

I can't be bothered to ask them for the MSI accessory pack due to the ball ache this has been and tbh do I want to own more MSI products ? No.

So I bought myself a new budget - Corsair Raptor HS40 7.1 USB Gaming Headset which Im really happy with, good quality, nice sound and the mic picks me up great without background noise, also supports 7.1 virtual and nice program for equalizers etc. I would recommend.

Associate
Not that I want to get Loki in trouble, but if he did make threats without authorisation or speaking to his legal team this should be investigated.

I can't be bothered to ask them for the MSI accessory pack due to the ball ache this has been and tbh do I want to own more MSI products ? No.

So I bought myself a new budget - Corsair Raptor HS40 7.1 USB Gaming Headset which Im really happy with, good quality, nice sound and the mic picks me up great without background noise, also supports 7.1 virtual and nice program for equalizers etc. I would recommend.

in 1 of Natalies previous emails she said "once you have received your new laptop we will also send you out a free gift pack, we have approval for everybody to get one"

so you should consider maybe sending a quick email to check. theyre definitely worth the time for a couple of emails, and if your really adamant about not having any new msi products you can sell them maybe?

i bought the logitech g933 recently on ebay for a really good price, the sound is good 7.1, but to be honest i dont notice much difference from them and the 1s i got from MSI "msi steelseries siberia v2" but the msi 1s are a lot more comfy for the head rest area.

Back
Top Bottom