DON'T BUY MSI THEY MIS-SOLD TOP SPEC GT SERIES LAPTOPS with MXM Graphics

Associate
Hello miral79, we are not charging retail prices for the parts. Please link to the item on ebay that is the same price? I can only see them at £15-40, none sold by us. You can always ask any questions about such things via email if you have any concerns :)

Regarding the time difference, I was referring to the Taiwanese time difference as our colleagues there are a key part of the process. Either way, rest assured that we are looking into fixing this for you.

Associate
Hello miral79, we are not charging retail prices for the parts. Please link to the item on ebay that is the same price? I can only see them at £15-40, none sold by us. You can always ask any questions about such things via email if you have any concerns :)

Regarding the time difference, I was referring to the Taiwanese time difference as our colleagues there are a key part of the process. Either way, rest assured that we are looking into fixing this for you.

sorry for the delay been busy with work stuff.

damage should have nothing to do with it, if the laptop turns on and runs that should be all thats needed. The original "deal" was just to switch MXM cards.

Dints / cracks / missing keys etc shouldnt even come into play - its a complete joke that theyre trying to charge you guys repair bills.

i agree that most of the minor damages to the outer casing should be overlooked for normal wear and tear. such as the gt72 has rubber stoppers on the inside of the screen to stop it from touching metal on metal when closed, but the rubber stoppers have left scratch marks on the casing, now this is a design flaw and 1 i don't think we as customers should have to pay for when participating in the upgrade program as a replacement for the mxm upgrade.

MSI in my opinion has been trying to make more money from this mistake than they should be, i know they have done some wonderful/amazing things for some of the people here, with free upgrades "bravo" this is a good customer service to help make up for everything, and im sure even with the free upgrade to people MSI is still making a profit which is ok kinda, but atleast they have made some effort to make up for the trouble. is it enough effort or too little? The sales reps Natalie, Andrew Neil, and Neil have made great efforts in trying to help everyone, and MSI should recognise this, if it wasn't for all the hard work i have seen from Natalie i wouldnt even bother to continue trading in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
Well blow me down; my trade-in is looking likely to be resolved soon. A very constructive phone call with Neil.

I'm waiting on paperwork being drawn up and emailed next week, but I'm happy (ok, happy to get a the trade-in resolved, peeved at the time and effort it's taken) with the proffered option.

I may be in shock.

Associate
After reading this thread from the very start, I sadly will not be buying any further MSI products, permanently. I had a GT72S 6QE Dom Pro G and sold it privately due to the MXM upgrade fiasco, instead of going through the hassle some of you guys have had to endure.

It isn't the first time I've had issues with MSI, tried to sort a deal out when the GTX970 VRAM issue arose, offering to pay the difference for a 980 upgrade or refund, but they weren't interested. Whereas ocUK were offering full refunds to any of their customers who had purchased a GTX970 from them. Now thats outstanding customer service from ocUK.

Thanks to everyone for their input in this thread, especially MiSJAH.

Associate
Yet again another laptop has been damaged by MSI. After reading other laptops taking part in the MXM upgrade were being damaged i made sure that even if the box was damaged, my laptop would still be protected. I will not be paying any repair bill! Not happy at all! Ill leave it to MSI UK to sort this out!

Associate
so whos got their new machines? im assuming most have them and are happy so its quiet on here now

i hope natalie fixes this problem with the repair bill...

Misjah, has your agreement been sorted?

Associate
good luck, i hope you get your new machine soon.

im itching for my laptop want to play some games, and cant with the current backup laptop i have :( im estimating probably another 2 maybe 3 weeks till i get mine. depends on when Natalie can sort the repair bill out. apparently thats all that stopping MSI from asking me to pay and ship the new laptop. i hope she can reduce or waive the repair bill.

Associate
Yes, signed and paid for.

Hopefully new laptop will be here by the end of next week.

Lol just a joke ..

your getting a GT83 with dual 1080s for £100.1p on the basis you got to close this thread down once received and happy .. ha ha .

you seem very secretive on what your getting and what you paid though ..

did you have to sign a disclaimer cus you got a deal ?

Associate
OP
Lol just a joke ..

your getting a GT83 with dual 1080s for £100.1p on the basis you got to close this thread down once received and happy .. ha ha .

you seem very secretive on what your getting and what you paid though ..

did you have to sign a disclaimer cus you got a deal ?

2 x GT83VR w/1080's 1 x GT73VR w/1080 3 x GS43VR (for the kids), only if I never mention MXM again.

Damn!

Associate
Well to anyone who knows about the situation with me everything has been resolved and despite a rocky patch between me and MSI the product manager has really done good by me. so i will be keeping my GT83VR 7RF which is an absolute MONSTER. MSI make great and solid products. and i will buy again the product manager pretty much saved my future customs with this company because i was prepared to fully write them off.

I also own an Evertaki titan bag. It's insane. i once carried my whole room in it when i had to move rooms. plenty of room for the gt83 and its chargers lol

Associate
OP
Well to anyone who knows about the situation with me everything has been resolved and despite a rocky patch between me and MSI the product manager has really done good by me. so i will be keeping my GT83VR 7RF which is an absolute MONSTER. MSI make great and solid products. and i will buy again the product manager pretty much saved my future customs with this company because i was prepared to fully write them off.

I also own an Evertaki titan bag. It's insane. i once carried my whole room in it when i had to move rooms. plenty of room for the gt83 and its chargers lol

Good for you mate.

I have an issue with the lack of comparable treatment amongst customers in the trade-in. Even though within reason, I'm getting what I want I'm still majorly unimpressed.

Time taken, discrepancies in valuations, trade in costs, damage charges, insults and threats by MSI staff.

As I have said from the beginning MSI make great machines, but MSI Corps treats their customers as if they are stupid.

Associate
question for everyone.

once MSI received your laptops, did they ask you to pay repair charges? if they did ask you to pay, did they try to lower the repair costs? also how long did it take to finalise the repair cost? 1 last question how long did it take from the day MSI received your laptops to the day you got the new laptop?

im only asking because i'm still waiting for news from Natalie about the management lowering the cost of my repair bill which currently stands at £255

MSI received my laptop on 17th of february, im estimating a turnaround time of about a month for everything. so i'm just curious how long it took most people for the process.

Associate
OP
question for everyone.

once MSI received your laptops, did they ask you to pay repair charges? if they did ask you to pay, did they try to lower the repair costs? also how long did it take to finalise the repair cost? 1 last question how long did it take from the day MSI received your laptops to the day you got the new laptop?

im only asking because i'm still waiting for news from Natalie about the management lowering the cost of my repair bill which currently stands at £255

MSI received my laptop on 17th of february, im estimating a turnaround time of about a month for everything. so i'm just curious how long it took most people for the process.

Considering Carolyn @ MSI gave someone £1,400 worth of laptop for free, for absolutely no reason, you should refuse to pay.

Back
Top Bottom