Multicore rendering in L4D.

Associate
Ive been having crashes in L4D, and solved them by disabling MCR, but the thing is my fps have lowered, do you guys know of any fix that could make the game more stable? Oh yeah it happens in TF2 also.

Cheers

Associate
havent played it for quite a while but always used to have to set mine to disabled otherwise I'd get performance spikes/big stutters

Associate
It's probably not his overclock, MCR is a bit of a headache in L4D for a lot of people, but maybe.

Anyway, borderless window worked for me, I used to have a lot of stuttering and what not with dual core enabled, plus you get the benefit of instant alt-tabbing.

Man of Honour
Like above I have to make sure VSync is disabled to use MCR in L4D with any stability and even then it will randomly fall over - but infrequently enough that I play with it on for the fps boost.

It used to be perfect for me with a Quad core, but since i temporarily dropped back to a dual it started to microstutter, so turning it off made it smooth again. Shame really, as I like using multicore capability in games if it is available.

Soldato
Driver issue? Just throwing it out there...when I had my 8800GTS I upgraded to the newest drivers Nvidia released one day to get owned by constant "micro stutters". Rolling back fixed the issue and the release after those particular drivers worked fine...

Driver issue? Just throwing it out there...when I had my 8800GTS I upgraded to the newest drivers Nvidia released one day to get owned by constant "micro stutters". Rolling back fixed the issue and the release after those particular drivers worked fine...

Go away knub, you don't play l4d anymore.... :(

(and I'm hurt :mad:)

EDIT: P.S. Thanks for the suggestion. :p

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for all the replies guys;) tbh once again i think im looking to deep into this, its just in certian levels like the drains in death toll were i get about 40fps everywhere else it over 80fps, feel free to trash talk me.:o:(

Back
Top Bottom