MX5 Owners in here....bring your curling tongs

Soldato
So in regards to height, I should be alright.

Just looking on AT and the bay, loads of nice S-VT examples, just non with aircon.

Could try an MX5 Owners forum if there is one, have better luck there.

I'm ideally looking to get one towards the end of August.

Soldato
So in regards to height, I should be alright.

Just looking on AT and the bay, loads of nice S-VT examples, just non with aircon.

Could try an MX5 Owners forum if there is one, have better luck there.

I'm ideally looking to get one towards the end of August.

Try mx5nutz over the Owners club forum as the for sale section is much busier.

and don't forget pistonheads

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
You may struggle on your budget for a lower mileage one. I picked up mine with 93k on it for around that price. If you think about it under 60k on a 10yr+ old car is only around 6k a year which is well below average.

The engines are generally pretty bomb proof so as long as they're looked after they'll last for ages. From memory when i was buying all the advise was that as long as it drives ok buy on the condition of the car and not the mileage.

Soldato
Normal providers, I think i've come to accept that realistically i'm only gonna find a S-VT with no Aircon, So just looking for some nice examples, Found quite a few nice ones with 40-50k just over 3k, sure you'll be able to talk them down.

What colour is the fave with these? I'm quite fond of the silver ones.

Associate
Don't be put off imports due to the mainstream insurance companies loading the premium. Try Greenlight insurance, even if you do go with a UK model. For me, i specifically went for an import, the majority of UK mk2 and 2.5s are really beginning to show rust issues.

Imported mk2s also come with the 6 speed box and 146bhp.

Back
Top Bottom