• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

My 2 week old 2080Ti is dead. I think...

Associate
Hi all,

My Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme Waterforce AIO 2080Ti died on me while playing Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

At first I thought maybe a PSU issue, then maybe a software issue but after reinstalling windows multiple times and reinstalling drivers etc I got the card to boot but after 10/15 minutes of gaming it would crash. Now back at the state of a black screen.

I swapped the 2080Ti out for my older 980Ti and no issues at all. The system even boots quicker now.

I’ve never been in this position before but any ideas on what to expect? I know OCuK have a good rep for sorting issues.

Only built the entire system a couple of weeks ago and absolutely gutted.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Ouch. I’m sure OCUK will sort you out a replacement promptly.

Someone else on here won’t be too pleased though. He just swapped his failed EVGA FTW for one of these!

Associate
OP
Ouch. I’m sure OCUK will sort you out a replacement promptly.

Someone else on here won’t be too pleased though. He just swapped his failed EVGA FTW for one of these!

I’m hoping so, I’ll see what happens tomorrow’s. Unsure if I’d even want to go back to the same card but maybe just 100% unlucky?

I managed to capture a video of it when it crashed as I knew it was coming. This time round it didn’t come back.

https://youtu.be/PBOLK2NPWXk

Soldato
I’ve never been in this position before

Within 30 days of buying the best option bar none is send it back and ask for a refund (which tends to happen same/following day upon receiving it). If you choose repair/replacement instead, it can take longer (up to 4 weeks although not usually that long), and OcUK/Gigabyte are free to replace with a B-Grade card if they wish. Usually the person you deal with will be frank about all your options but there have been a few cases where customers were unnecessarily shepherded into choosing repair/replace and ended up in a loop of waiting, receiving faulty replacement or card with noisier fans than original or coil whine, waiting again, etc. So refund and buy new is best in your position. After 30 days it's different - you have to give them an opportunity to repair/replacement.

Soldato
Surely Nvidia have to do something about this? It seems like an all too common issue.
not totally nvidia's issue, i believe they had some bad batches of memory for GDDR6.

The AIB's used the same supplier = same issue.
they should off swapped out every memory chip with new batch but their lazy + some had already been sent out to E-etailers

Associate
OP
Within 30 days of buying the best option bar none is send it back and ask for a refund (which tends to happen same/following day upon receiving it). If you choose repair/replacement instead, it can take longer (up to 4 weeks although not usually that long), and OcUK/Gigabyte are free to replace with a B-Grade card if they wish. Usually the person you deal with will be frank about all your options but there have been a few cases where customers were unnecessarily shepherded into choosing repair/replace and ended up in a loop of waiting, receiving faulty replacement or card with noisier fans than original or coil whine, waiting again, etc. So refund and buy new is best in your position. After 30 days it's different - you have to give them an opportunity to repair/replacement.

Thanks for your input Danny. I will try a full refund, which is the way I was thinking due to being within 30 days of purchase etc.

To say I’m shocked is an understatement but then these things do happen.

Associate
OP
You're welcome. The Auros cards have been a disaster, better off with something else.
Yeah I wish I had read into more but I liked the Aorus Master Mobo and wanted to keep with the build and go Aorus and Corsair. Now I'm not bothered at all... :rolleyes:

This looks nice but like most 2080Ti's they are out of stock. :rolleyes:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,600.49 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Soldato
Yeah I wish I had read into more but I liked the Aorus Master Mobo and wanted to keep with the build and go Aorus and Corsair. Now I'm not bothered at all... :rolleyes:

This looks nice but like most 2080Ti's they are out of stock. :rolleyes:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,600.49 (includes shipping: £10.50)

It's a shame when very expensive hardware lets you down and ruins plans, the boys in the thread will know what's best.

Associate
not totally nvidia's issue, i believe they had some bad batches of memory for GDDR6.

The AIB's used the same supplier = same issue.
they should off swapped out every memory chip with new batch but their lazy + some had already been sent out to E-etailers

Probably cost them more in the long run, maybe they thought they would just wait to see which ones came back.

Back
Top Bottom