My 200mph budget build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
OP
ooooo nice, well at 500bhp it should do the limiter assuming its making power up that high in the revs. i dont think it would do anymore than that as power vs aero will come into it.

Should do 175 at an airfield and must be lovely to drive with instant response and low down torque :)

Will be much nicer to drive that my car lol.

At least by keeping my stock 2 sets of injectors the car will run like a stock car up to 4k then the bigger injectors open up

Associate
16lwphj.jpg

that was in limp mode and the methanol/water injection wasnt plumbed in so the torque curve (blue graph) is lumpy its a lot better than that with the methanol running its a hatchback so rear ennd drag/lift is terrible lol. the chargers dropped its oil and killed itself tother day i hope to god its warrentied
i built the car on forza and it sits on the limiter at 185 lol iv no idea how realistic that is though

Associate
OP
is that psi tuning, the one in stoke on trent? ive been meaning to pop up to there place and have a look at there new rollers, i think its only rated to 500bhp but i could be wrong

Associate
" well ive been thinking about doing it at RAF woodbridge as there are no noise limits and the distance is the same "

If thats with the straightliners crew i'd check out if its on this year
the last top speed records event was cancelled

Associate
OP
nah, this would be with just the magazine, it would be nice to do it at an event but it means i would be waiting around a lot to get runs in and practice,also ill be using braking at the last possible point i can to give me the most time on full throttle, i dont think they would like that at all, plus could you imagine the evil look on the ferrari/lambo guys faces haha

Associate
nah, this would be with just the magazine, it would be nice to do it at an event but it means i would be waiting around a lot to get runs in and practice,also ill be using braking at the last possible point i can to give me the most time on full throttle, i dont think they would like that at all, plus could you imagine the evil look on the ferrari/lambo guys faces haha

Lol true , very nice runway to yourself eh greedy git :D:cool:

Soldato
I appreciate the size issue completely, and a 5'9" I've more room to manoeuvre in my FD, however my opinion is that your taking the safety considerations too lightly.

pfffft people attempt 200 on bikes all summer . no roll cage ! or even a roof :p

very interesting thread OP and will be following it since the arguing seems to of stopped :)

Caporegime
i dont understand how you can afford to put £200 a month to a car (currently sorn i take it) when you are working part time. thats a lot of money to a general call centre worker.

still, your money!
though, if you got a proper job (by proper i mean full time), you could pay for it quicker and have it running 200mph by summer ;]

[TW]Fox;15809192 said:
The irony is that no matter how many times we keep trying to draw a line under it and go back to the topic, somebody else like....

... me. my turn ;]

I'm trying my hardest to resist, but i can't, Fox - i never aimed my comments at you - or anyone inparticular, but you were the only one to jump down my throat about it. Yes, it's an internet forum, OP is free to talk about his finances if he wishes to do so, but others (and like i said - not necessarily you) stick their oar in as to how can he be affording that with a part time job, who cares how he can afford it? THa's not what the topic is about, it's what looks like a very interesting project. Maybe 'green eyed' was the wrong word, but what is the correct word? 'doubters'?/. i dunno lol.

Last i'm saying on the subject anyway :)

jesus. what a load of crap from a couple of posts by me! nobody really questioned the op, yet you, wez130, and a few others seem to think that i am jealous?
other than a simple comment about not understanding how he can afford it, you might notice that i support him and am very interested.

if anything, this forum is 'ruined' (as some of you say) by the mindless spam like all this towards fox!!

shocking. also, given the very nature of the thread being a RESTRICTED BUDGET 200mph machine, finance does have its place...
who cares how he can afford it? quite a few i expect. he doesnt earn much, so its possible that finding £10k from a part time job will be hard, no? most people here want to see this succeed, not fail due to not enough money!

TT - keep posting fella, everyone here is interested in the project over all :]

Associate
is that psi tuning, the one in stoke on trent? ive been meaning to pop up to there place and have a look at there new rollers, i think its only rated to 500bhp but i could be wrong

yeah itws psi tuning my cars in there now if you want a goosy lol

the roller are rated to 500 whp so i wont be troubling them :p

Associate
OP
well my girlfriend is coming over tomorow with a homecooked curry and some sort of desert so ill be busy in day and working in the evening(another way to live on £30 for food lol)

But i might pop over friday or saturday daytime, will you be over either of them days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom