• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

My 3060ti rocks - is there something better @ 399?

Soldato
My FE 3060TI runs very, very hot. I keep meaning to under-volt it, when I get around to it.

It's by far the hottest running card I've ever had. Put my hand over the exhaust and it's scalding. Seriously hot.

Doesnt sound right my 3060ti FE was okay, I did undervolt it and overclock it ran cooler and is very good at the old UV/OC.

Then I got a Palit 3070 now that was hot, way hotter than the 3060ti FE. Had trouble taming the 3070 so got rid. Sad thing was the 3060ti fe uv/oc was same speed as stock 3070 give or take couple hundred points in Timespy.

Caporegime
Doesnt sound right my 3060ti FE was okay, I did undervolt it and overclock it ran cooler and is very good at the old UV/OC.

Then I got a Palit 3070 now that was hot, way hotter than the 3060ti FE. Had trouble taming the 3070 so got rid. Sad thing was the 3060ti fe uv/oc was same speed as stock 3070 give or take couple hundred points in Timespy.
Sounds like sample variance, then. The 3060TI isn't worlds apart from the 3070, so rather than the 3070 just being a much hotter card, I suspect we're just dealing with the silicon lottery.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
CEX is great if you don't mind throwing £400-£500 away.

;)
Well I sold my 3080 FE for £1615 to them as I recall. Not many were lining up elsewhere to offer more. Last I checked a few weeks ago they were offering £8xx cash for me 3070 FE, but seems now that is voucher price. I tell you what, when the time comes want me to email you and you buy it off me for whatever CEX is offering cash + £200? You stand to make an easy £200-£300 then no? :cry:
Makes me laugh when people worry about a small chance of getting scammed on eBay and then give away 30% to CEX. After a few GPU upgrades you've basically lost 1 GPU anyway selling to CEX.
Each to their own. My offer is open to you also. Easy money! Interested?

:p:D

Soldato
I got £1600 cash for my 3080 FHR off Gumtree a month ago. CeX were offering £962 cash because it wasn't an FE or whatever which they were offering £1,260 for. There's always a risk the buyer will be a weirdo but I got some Russian kid who just wanted to mine. He didn't even check if it was a 3080, just said he trusted me.

Soldato
Makes me laugh when people worry about a small chance of getting scammed on eBay and then give away 30% to CEX. After a few GPU upgrades you've basically lost 1 GPU anyway selling to CEX.

Yeah, just take precautions and don't sell it to a numpty with 3 feedback...;)

More than doubled what I paid for my 3060ti, so I had it free for a year, a free 6700XT to replace it (better card anwway IMO) and some profit on top. Why should I give CEX free money? They way I look at it they would basically be a parasite leeching off my transaction for nothing in return.

:D

Soldato
I got £1600 cash for my 3080 FHR off Gumtree a month ago. CeX were offering £962 cash because it wasn't an FE or whatever which they were offering £1,260 for. There's always a risk the buyer will be a weirdo but I got some Russian kid who just wanted to mine. He didn't even check if it was a 3080, just said he trusted me.

People panic too easy, there's scams everywhere, the entire UK economy is one big scam, Capitalism is a scam. The economy in general is full of leeches inserting themselves into people's/businesses transactions, i'm not about it. F off Cinch, I can buy a car all on my own ta. I'm not paying for your massive ad campaign running non stop on TV.

Guy that bought mine was a miner, checked his purchase History (mining gear) 400 feedback. No bother.

Soldato
Well I sold my 3080 FE for £1615 to them as I recall. Not many were lining up elsewhere to offer more. Last I checked a few weeks ago they were offering £8xx cash for me 3070 FE, but seems now that is voucher price. I tell you what, when the time comes want me to email you and you buy it off me for whatever CEX is offering cash + £200? You stand to make an easy £200-£300 then no?

Why would I subsidise you, as you'd essentially be CEX in that transaction?

:cry:

Soldato
It seems that nvidias "one card per customer" rule is failing.... :D

Nvidia didnt set that rule the UK seller did. Nvidia just supply the cards to sell how they sell them is upto the UK seller as long as they meet minimum contract details, eg Nvidia RRP etc. It was done by the UK seller to try and be fair and stop bulk buyers/miners/bots *delete as applicable. According to someone who works there.

Soldato
Nvidia didnt set that rule the UK seller did. Nvidia just supply the cards to sell how they sell them is upto the UK seller as long as they meet minimum contract details, eg Nvidia RRP etc. It was done by the UK seller to try and be fair and stop bulk buyers/miners/bots *delete as applicable. According to someone who works there.
Either way it's a good idea as it keeps a fair amount of people buying and selling them on for a profit. It's a pretty messy world in regards to GPUs these days

Man of Honour
Well I sold my 3080 FE for £1615 to them as I recall. Not many were lining up elsewhere to offer more. Last I checked a few weeks ago they were offering £8xx cash for me 3070 FE, but seems now that is voucher price. I tell you what, when the time comes want me to email you and you buy it off me for whatever CEX is offering cash + £200? You stand to make an easy £200-£300 then no?

He's already answered that. If you are turning down his offer then to use your terminology, you don't mind throwing £200-300 away.

As for the one card per customer it seems it is at least not trivial to circumvent. I sold a 3090 back in May/June because it was bottlenecked by my CPU and have since tried to get another lower tier FE card but been unsuccessful. Presumably you need to use a different delivery address or something so fair play to them for picking up attempts to buy additional FE cards.

Coming back to the OP if we are talking 2 years on I guess you are asking what card to get for Christmas this year. I would wait and see what comes out, maybe Intel's card is competitive (doubt it on the drivers front), maybe prices fall back a bit.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

The question you should be asking is why would you not want £200-£300? ;)

He's already answered that. If you are turning down his offer then to use your terminology, you don't mind throwing £200-300 away.
This!

Happy new year all :D

Back
Top Bottom