My 3rd H80i has died. Need new all in one cooler.

Permabanned
I was looking at Antec Kúhler H2O 920 Series 4 cooler. Is that a good all in one cooler? I don't want the double fan version like the H100i. Only looking for one like the H80i with 120mm fans. Is their other brands out that even ocuk don't stock? The Antec Kúhler H2O 920 Series 4 is the only one here I liked.

Permabanned
OP
The Antec closed loops hold their own from what I've read up on them, would get one myself but my little H50 is still soldiering on (touch wood).

What is it with these H80's? so many people having them die or implode.

My 3rd h80i where the LED has failed. When the LED fails the pump is next really. I had a few air cooler, but their so huge it puts me off them. The antec 920 is the only water cooler I'm thinking about. Maybe I should read a few reviews.

Permabanned
OP
Hi, how about a custom loop for your CPU + Titan when it comes, if your overclocking both as well its money well spent, better cooling more silent.

I run a custom loop the loudest device is my DVD-writer.

I've never done a custom loop before? If I did go for a air cooler my case is a corsair 600T. I wonder what size air cooler would fit in my case? If I did go air again I would like LED fans on the cooler. What's the best air cooler with LEDs? Any idea? Thanks for helping:)

Permabanned
OP
Antec 620

Yup! I was looking at the H60/80/Antec 620 but the temps at stock & load were nothing compard to a air cooler at the same price.

These would be the best air coolers available:

YOUR BASKET
1 x Phanteks PH-TC14PE CPU Cooler - Blue (Socket 775 / 1155 / 1156 / 1366 / 2011 / AM2 / AM2+ / AM3 / FM1 / FM2) £69.98
1 x Noctua NH-D14 Dual Radiator CPU Cooler (Socket 775 / 1155 / 1156 / 1366 / AM2 / AM2+ / AM3 / FM1 / FM2) £62.98
1 x Alpenföhn K2 Mount Doom CPU Cooler (Socket 775 / 1155 / 1156 / 1366 / 2011 / AM2 / AM2+ / AM3 / FM1 / FM2) £59.99
Total : £204.35 (includes shipping : £9.50).

I have the K2 and it's amazing!!!

Those aircoolers are HUGE! I don't know if my RAM would be in the way?

My ram are Avexir Core Series.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-000-AR&groupid=701&catid=8&subcat=

tbh I might just go with the Antec Kúhler H2O 920 Series 4 cooler
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-006-AN&groupid=701&catid=2330&subcat=2262

I don't overclock that much. 4.2ghz is enough for me. I would think the Antec Kúhler H2O 920 would be up to the job.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Very nice looking ram kit Retro, does look to be ever so slightly taller than the vengeance im using. Tbh, the kuhler would cope grand with a mild oc of 4.2ghz.

That's what I though thanks for that setter. I would OC more if I cared about benchmarking. For gaming 4.2Ghz is the sweet spot. I think I'll go for the Antec Kuhler 920 then:)

Thanks for your input. Cheers mate:D

Permabanned
OP
Sorry to hear about your problems with corsair doyll. I'm starting to feel that myself about them. I won't buy another corsair product until they have sorted their R&D out. I just bought a antec 920. I can only hope that works better?

Permabanned
OP
From what I've read the Antec 920 is good.

The new Swiftech H220 is now out too. It's AIO but not CLC. You can open it up and added more blocks, extra radiator, etc. and has a 6watt PWM controlled pump too. That's about 4-5 times the CLC pump wattage.

You have trust mail

I looked at that cooler it won't fit in mu case because of the large heatsink on the top of my motherboard. Otherwise I would've bought that cooler in a heart beat. Thanks for that though. I appreciate it mate:)

Permabanned
OP
That's a bummer about the pump / heatsink interference.

I know right. I couldn't even install a new fan because the corsair fan isn't very good on the 600t. Got a new fan, but it wouldn't fit all because of that heatsink on the mobo. I love my mobo I wouldn't get rid of it just because I can't install a cooler or fan. Oh well I'm sure the antec 920 will work good enough:)

Permabanned
OP
I'm sure it will.
I can see you rubbing your hands together dreaming of adding a block on your GPU and thinking if that's not enough I can add another radiator... Then curling up in a ball crying on the floor when you find out the block/pump won't fit. l)
Hope you had your comfort whatever handy. :D

lol....I sure have:D

Permabanned
OP
Um, so I just bought and installed a Corsair H80i. It's working fine now. Bit worried by the suggestions in this thread that its an unreliable bit of kit. Will have to wait and see I suppose :(

Mine worked fine too until all the issues. I went through 3 of them I wont be buying anymore H80i's. I bought the antec 920 with 2 Akasa Apache Black PWN fans today. I hear the stock fans are very loud. When Corsair fix their issues I might come back.

Good luck with your H80i:)

Permabanned
OP
I would only think that could be the case if the LED is powered by the USB connection and your mainboard has the USB 'offline charging' feature. Quite a fair few mainboards do these days.

Is there a way to shut it off? I did read that some guy said it would stay on for a hour after shut down then turn off? I'll wait until I install it and if I have issues I'll post a thread here. I'll be installing it tomorrow.

Permabanned
OP
From what I've read on various sources, options to disable the 'offline charging' seem mainboard dependent. I have an older Gigagbyte and I can't turn it off. Newer gigabyte boards only have a certain header with OLC enabled (if I've read right) allowing users to connect equipment without it being constantly powered.

I haven't really read up on it, but I only have 2 USB headers on my mobo and 1 is red? I guess I could try both and see what happens? Thanks for that info mate:)

Permabanned
OP
Because I found myself with little to do (missus isn't feeling well and has gone to bed) I opened up your mainboard's manual. The red USB header, marked F_USB1 is the one that supportes'offline' charging, or ON/OFF Charge as Gigabyte call it. I'm not sure if any of the rear ports also support this however I would suspect that if so they are also coloured red.

I couldn't find any reference to the ability to disable this via the BIOS.

Thanks for looking for me Resident:) Been very busy with my 2 year old son. Boy is he a hand full;)

So I shouldn't use the RED USB header then? I will try both and see what happens after shutdown.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Well I've installed the Antec 920 a few days ago and I'm not impressed with it at all. My temps were 8c-10c worse off. I reseated the pump 4 times with different paste and it was the same. Even though the H80i is built like crap it works very well. I RMA my H80i and got replacment yesterday. I installed it a hour ago and my temps are amazingly cooler. Infact their nearly 10c cooler then the antec 920. So in the end while the corsair H80i isn't the best made product it sure works extremely well.

Permabanned
OP
ive been thinking which one of these to get.. i dont have space for the big air coolers and wanted to try the CLC coolers. to be honest anything will be better than my current setup but now going to start looking at the crosair one now.

what's the fan management like for the croshair?

Very easy and simple.

You can make many fan profiles. I only do 2. Quiet mode and Gaming mode.

You can set the fan speed to anything you want. They go up to 2450 rpm I think, but tbh you wont need them that high. I have mine at 800rpm and my Idle temps on my i7 3770k are 27c to 30c. The antec was near 37 to 39c. I was very disappointed with that cooler. Get the Corsair H80i, while it's not the best made cooler, it works very well and easy to install. A 7 year old can install it.

Back
Top Bottom