My AI powered NPC Meta Quest 3 mixed reality project

Soldato
You'll never make easier money than selling dirty games to nerds. Know a few people that do so, it doesn't need to be good, just filthy.
no true words said my friend

True, but not doing it for the money though tbh (yes, maybe that's a mistake).
plenty of people and copanies have moved projects to paid or DLC model. so its something to think about later.
at the moment you have the benifit of saying its free, its early access and if it doesnt work its not cost anything but a bit of their time.
once you accept ££ you have paying customers and other issues.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
no true words said my friend

plenty of people and copanies have moved projects to paid or DLC model. so its something to think about later.
at the moment you have the benifit of saying its free, its early access and if it doesnt work its not cost anything but a bit of their time.
once you accept ££ you have paying customers and other issues.
It's not free :) It's $2, everytime the avatar speaks it uses AI API calls which I have to pay each month, so I have to charge otherwise I'd be paying those costs out of my own pockets. I've priced it cheaply I think.

Soldato
yep sorry, but hopefully you get what i mean on the free part. people are opting to support you because they like what they see. if they have done reseach they know what they are signing up for :) (a devorce and financial freedom :D)
your not charging £30/40/50 and claiming its a finished product, you've been upfront its a passion project and something your enjoying, was more what i was trying to move to. appologies

Associate
OP
yep sorry, but hopefully you get what i mean on the free part. people are opting to support you because they like what they see. if they have done reseach they know what they are signing up for :) (a devorce and financial freedom :D)
your not charging £30/40/50 and claiming its a finished product, you've been upfront its a passion project and something your enjoying, was more what i was trying to move to. appologies
Hey no apologies needed dude! Thank you for being interested in the development of it, you're spot on saying it's a passion project :)

Associate
OP
by chance i came a upon Tykey's competetor
meshed vr on patreon
with over 16000 members
"dont judge me!"
First I've heard of them tbh but yeh just looked, 16000+ members, wow! There's a few of them with numbers like that afaik, they are making a small fortune each month!

There are some differences, they are purely adult themed i.e. sex themed apps with explicit nudity etc where u need to be 18+ to use them, whereas there's no age restriction with my app as there's no nudity and the avatars aren't geared towards getting jiggy as much although they can do it, but they can't be as explicit/dirty basically.

On another note, couple of days ago I went on a walk around my streets with the newest addition to my app Mervin the alien :D

Soldato
its true they are geared more to the adult side. and sex sells.

thats a great video conversation responce :D great pace and tone
althought i'd prob blur out the car registrations.

Associate
OP
its true they are geared more to the adult side. and sex sells.

thats a great video conversation responce :D great pace and tone
althought i'd prob blur out the car registrations.
Agreed, sex does indeed sell and if I was motivated by money I'd try doing what they were doing but my motivation is I enjoy working on the app and if it was a pure sex themed app i.e. a clone of those others I wouldn't enjoy working on it so wouldn't get anything out of it of value to me. Not too worried about the plate showing tbh, I've posted it online on several sites (including here) so the cats out of the bag so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom