My body's telling me it's time to get back in the game training log

Man of Honour
As some of you may have picked up from my posts since starting my new job and getting into a new relationship my training has suffered due to lack of time, energy and general drive.
Well it was always going to happen my body is starting to suffer, over the last few weeks I've had a few close calls with my shoulders partially dislocating and I've started to suffer with the compartment syndrome in my legs again.
Both of these are solved when I keep up regular training, so it seems as good a reason as any to get myself back in the game, that and I'm not turning up to the new years meet an out of shape mess :p
I'm at work at the moment so pictures measurements etc will have to wait. (Although to be quite honest I'm not sure I want to know my measurements or look at pictures :o)
I'm not even sure what routine I fancy getting back into or how I'm going to structure my diet but there may be some more mind dumps throughout the day :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Measurements:

Height: 5'6
Weight: 214lbs
Neck: 16.25'
Chest: 47'
Waist: 36.75' (This is probably slightly high as I'm a bit backed up, yes too much info deal with it :p)
Arm: 16.25'
Thigh: 26'
Calf: 16'

Not as horrendous as I feared but not great.

I'm planning on stick to a simple Push, Pull, Legs routine for the moment as it's quick and intense.
Diet, looking at lowering the carbs through the week with them increasing at the weekend as it covers me if I'm staying with the misses and means she doesn't have to cook totally separate meals for us.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Got all my kit on my desk ready to roll straight to the gym from work, think I'm going to smash a push session tonight.
Looking forward to tomorrows pain! :D

Man of Honour
OP
After last weeks fail due to catching my house mates sickness and diarrhea bug I'm poised to head in tonight!
Also if anyone is looking for some good protein bars the reflex flapjacks are immense, they're like baked oat breakfast bars and pred nutrition have some late dated ones going cheap cheap.

Man of Honour
OP
I've missed that place, was pretty much dead the whole time I was in there but there was one guy who was in serious need of a wash and put so much of his body into his curls he was actually coming up onto tip toes for each rep :o

Man of Honour
OP
Last nights lifts.
Military press
50kg x 5
50kg x 5
50kg x 2
40kg x 5
40kg x 5

DB Bench
24kg 5 x 5

Assisted dips
52lb assist :o 5 x 5

CGBP
45kg 3 x8

The only lifts last night that really annoyed me were the dips, before my break I was 14lbs lighter and repping 5 x 5 bw so to have to use 52lb of assistance was a massive kick in the nuts :(

Man of Honour
OP
Didn't go crazy last night so nothing impressive but all felt pretty easy.
Hack squat machine
50kg 1 x 5
55kg 1 x 5
60kg 1 x 5
65kg 1 x 5
70kg 1 x 5
60kg 1 x 8
50kg 1 x 8

Barbell calf raise
100kg 2 x 12
100kg 1 x 34
I feel I may need to bump the weight up on this quite considerably :D

Leg Press
No idea what the plates on it weigh
12plates 3 x 8

Slight DOMS in my legs today nothing crazy but OMG! my upper body is in agony from my push session the other night, I'm moving like I'm in a full upper body cast.

Man of Honour
OP
Rocking the full body DOMS today, I couldn't even get off the sofa last night without 10 minutes of finding the least painful way :o
Pull tonight! I do love a good tug :D

Man of Honour
OP
The DOMS from last week have just about faded, tonight's plan is to combine push and legs as I'm off on a stag do this weekend so only have time for 2 sessions.

Man of Honour
OP
*whine whine whine* I'm a big fat bitch, I have no motivation *whine whine whine*

That's me right about now.

Jumped on the scales this morning and if I'd been wearing underwear I would have soiled them when I seen my weight.

I've become one of those people I hate, unmotivated useless lumps.

Man of Honour
OP
I've already opened up the diet Stoodle done for me a while ago and ordered in the supps and good oil.
Asda is on the way home and today I'm running on whey and oats as it's the only remotely healthy thing I had in the cupboards after 10 days away.
Going to try out a new gym with more work friendly opening hours and a squat rack!

Man of Honour
OP
Morning ladies, gents and those with big floppy hair that aren't quite sure.

As some of you may know from the FB group I've joined Pure Gym for some 24hour gym lovelyness, which means there's no way I can't fit in a workout.

At the moment I'm going for a Morba style diet i.e I'm just eating whatever and getting my protein in, this will probably continue for the next few weeks at least just until I'm back in the swing of working out rather than hitting myself with everything at once.
I've not decided on a solid routine yet, but I've been using a general PPL for the last 2 weeks.

I'm 227lbs as of the other day but I'm obviously still holding a fair bit of lean mass as I look 10x better than I did the last time I was that heavy!

My squat makes baby jesus cry though, I reckon I've only got about 70kg in me for reps, time to get used to using a rack for the first time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom