My DC5 track toy

Out of curiosity, why didn't you get TGM to set it up for you?
I don't see what difference it makes where I get it done provided the equipment is accurate. I know what measurements I want and as long as the guy doing the adjustment has steady hands it doesn't seem worth driving over 70 miles for an alignment when there's a perfectly good place 4 miles from my house. Any serious suspension work such as new top mounts etc I will of course use TGM or Performance Autoworks.

I don't see what difference it makes where I get it done provided the equipment is accurate. I know what measurements I want and as long as the guy doing the adjustment has steady hands it doesn't seem worth driving over 70 miles for an alignment when there's a perfectly good place 4 miles from my house. Any serious suspension work such as new top mounts etc I will of course use TGM or Performance Autoworks.

It was more because you said that you'd taken the car straight to TGM after the alignment anyway :)

It was more because you said that you'd taken the car straight to TGM after the alignment anyway :)
Ah, it probably wasn't very clear in my post. I had the alignment done a few weeks ago and took the car to TGM on a whim last weekend. I wasn't going to take it down till later on next month but plans changed.

I've now got the car back and all is working as it should.

New engine oil in (10w-60 PETRONAS, it burned through the 0W-40 Mobil 1 in had in before), new gear oil (MTF with KAAZ additive), a new speed sensor for the gearbox and no fault found with the fuel sender. I've only driven it home so it's on half a tank now, I'll have to see how the gauge behaves. Tom said that by taking apart all the contacts it may cure it, we'll have to see.

Once I got it home I put the track wheels back on as I've sold the bronze Fighters. The bloody jack fell off the subframe, slight moment of panic as it was close to the sump. Turns out it's hit the bottom of the bracket that holds the front bar on that has the bonnet catch on so the bonnet wasn't shutting properly. Cue 14 stone later by me standing on it and it seems to have mostly fixed it.

Last edited:
It's a Halfords one. The issue is the mounting point on the subframe is bent and I couldn't quite get the shoe under the right point, so my fault really. I need to get a new one anyway as the Halfords one is flimsy as anything.

Had the car detailed today by Jimmer on the DC5 forum. He's starting out doing other people's cars after doing it as a hobby. Really pleased with the results! Also renewed the side decals as they were past their best.

5d2efc31dbbdc8ec37523c7446308759.jpg

94664452f81bf922477cfed780af1d63.jpg

d2232f0a93a3c4c40be4f945cb0f5599.jpg

e00001bd3d70787f818916ee17cb3822.jpg

6e797794c85e4f643f0b1f311bbf8eab.jpg

853addf94ce003c13ffd2fcb19c82057.jpg

0aa4b16c305659d107fe86e86189a034.jpg

Also cleared out and sorted the garage so I could fit the car in. I've been meaning to do it for ages because there's new houses going up so there's dust everywhere.

6f1ba9c3aafe13837662b42be03d78c4.jpg

Fits nicely.

0f63a37cf18f8a53f5c7b672ddcff8bb.jpg

I've had the house two and a half years and the garage has always been full of junk so I'm proper chuffed with it.

As per my other thread I had an issue with the RBC throttle body adaptor which was sorted. Very productive day!

Back
Top Bottom