My Dell 2405FPW and dead pixels

Associate
I have had my Dell monitor since half way through December and I am thrilled with it. When i first fired it up, and performed a Dead pixel test, i noticed one pixel stuck on red in the bottom right of the panel. I tried to Massage it back to life and flick it, and had no joy, so left it. I couldn't really notice it when the panel was in use anyway.

Today, whilst cleaning the screen, i noticed another red, stuck pixel, this time more to the centre of the panel, and this i cannot coax into life either. This one i do notice quite often, and it is annoying me.

Now, i know that in general, stuck sub pixels need to be in large quantities before a manufacturer will replace it, but i am getting a little worried, thinking that as time goes on, more and more will appear. The monitor came from OcUK, so it does have the 4 year warranty, but the actual rules of this warranty are not known to me. I can't seem to find anything, especially on Dead and stuck pixels anywhere as I didn't recieve a warranty card, as such, outlining the things that the screen can be returned under.

Seeing as I paid something around the £600 mark for this, i was hoping that it would work fine, but this has me rattled.
Does anyone have any info or advise about this, or do I just have to live with it?

Kangaxx

Man of Honour
you would normally need something in the region of 5-7 dead sub pixels before it would be considered "faulty" by the manufacturer. However, if these are appearing in the centre of the screen you may have some luck with Dell on the grounds that they are central and distracting. wouldnt hurt to contact Dell about a possible RMA, and tell them this.

Associate
OP
Thanks for your reply Baddass. I will fire an e-mail off to OcUK tomorrow and see what they say, as I think the return would have to be done through them. If not, i am sure they'll point me in the right direction.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this, or been through a similar situation with Dell? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Kangaxx

Associate
I would contact Dell direct as Baddass suggest as it is they who will swap out the monitor anyway. Phone them up and be nice and polite, explain what has happened as above in your post and tell them its right in your line of view and spoiling your enjoyment of using the monitor.

Keep it nice and polite and you never know your luck. If I ever have a problem with anything I always approach the person concerned asking if they can help me out with a problem, get them on my side and not antagonise them. After all its they who have the last word, so get them to feel they are doing you a favour, it'll make them feel good to help you! :)

Associate
OP
Well, I phoned Dell, got put through to numerous different sections, each saying "oh you need to talk to these people", and having to wait an age.
Eventually i got through to a polite Irish women who said that in order for the panel to be replaced, it would have to be a minimum of 5 pixels which had got phut. As only 2 of mine have (so far), i will have to put up with it. She did say, though, as the warranty was so long, that if pixels kept failing, i shouldn't have a problem in claiming a new monitor if things did deteriorate further.

Its not exactly what i wanted, more what i expected though. Looks like i'll have to put up with the problem for now.

Kangaxx

Back
Top Bottom