My drama queen thread

Soldato
Amazing what can be done. How do they know an electric shock won't have the effect of stopping your heart or speeding it up instead of fixing the rhythm?

Pez

Pez

Soldato
That’s called the Ross procedure (the pig parts) followed by a CABG - You really went the whole hog! Glad it went well :)

Amazing what can be done. How do they know an electric shock won't have the effect of stopping your heart or speeding it up instead of fixing the rhythm?

It’s a process called Cardioversion. When done (as when using a defibrillator) the shock actually stops the heart, and forces it to “reboot” in a normal rhythm. It can sometimes take a few goes, but usually works without issue :D

Permabanned
How strange, my old man had a quad bypass about 7 years ago and you guessed it, my mum's appendix ruptured and needed to be be removed 2 days before.
Good luck with the recovery, it effected my dad in several ways and he had severe down periods mentally. I guess it's after something major you realise your own mortality.

Blimey, you sure know how to help a guy recuperate! ;)

Good luck Rotty, nowt like a bit of key hole surgery :) As a surgeon customer once said to me after gasping at the size of his bill, and me telling him, "You lot can talk about the size of bills". He told me sternly "But WE repair the engine without turning it off"

One always hopes they haven't been on a bender or had a barney with the wife the night before they put their gloves on. Yours seem to have done a grand job, although his stitching is hardly to the standard of the better cosmetic surgeon French suturers. He could always get a part time job in retirement stitching mail bags... Can we call you Freankenstein now?

Take care, ignore LOAM.... ;)

Don
OP
How strange, my old man had a quad bypass about 7 years ago and you guessed it, my mum's appendix ruptured and needed to be be removed 2 days before.
Good luck with the recovery, it effected my dad in several ways and he had severe down periods mentally. I guess it's after something major you realise your own mortality.

What a mad coincidence

Have read of depression etc being an effect after for some, I generally always have a positive outlook so hopefully it won't hit me lime that

Last edited:
Soldato
Glad your recovering bud as a student nurse i worked in the vascular ward and seen some surgery and the recovery of patients. As a larger lad i switched to eating healthy until I finished that placement before resuming the fryup :D

Caporegime
Yikes, that’s quite a procedure to go through. Glad it went well, fingers crossed tech improves over the next decade and you have a much less invasive procedure to replace/update as your surgeon is predicting. :)

Soldato
@Rotty Congrats on the surgery - Interested in how you start to feel after recovery from the surgery - Like if you notice any difference to your general health / feeling of health with the problems fixed. I guess all your life you would not have known any different - Keep us updated!

Back
Top Bottom