My drama queen thread

Don
OP
@Rotty Congrats on the surgery - Interested in how you start to feel after recovery from the surgery - Like if you notice any difference to your general health / feeling of health with the problems fixed. I guess all your life you would not have known any different - Keep us updated!

Couple of minor issues that will hopefully go away soon but generally I feel great, just having a coue of beers then I treating a few folks to a curry later to say thanks for all their help over last few weeks :)

Man of Honour
Mate that is some scary stuff. Glad to see you on the mend. Jesus that is going to be some scar! Look after yourself dude and don't put too much stress on that bad boy.

Associate
Got to agree with Lucky above, great to hear you are doing well, one hell of an ordeal you have been through - you got some incredible treatment. Take care and speedy recovery. Remember slow and steady wins the race!

Permabanned
"Wow look at that scar"

"Yeah, well what happened was I was attacked by a shark, I punched it on the nose, job is done"

Or you could just say you had heart surgery I suppose. :)

Pez

Pez

Soldato
I thought Ross was mainly younger patients? Could just be a direct Aortic Valve xenograft.

Mighty leg scar, the ladies will love it.

You could be right actually, it is more common in Paeds cases. The Ross uses the PV to replace the AV, and a donor valve backfills the PV... Maybe @Rotty can tell us?

Whatever happened, glad you’re on the mend :)

Don
OP
You could be right actually, it is more common in Paeds cases. The Ross uses the PV to replace the AV, and a donor valve backfills the PV... Maybe @Rotty can tell us?

Whatever happened, glad you’re on the mend :)

what do I know?

what's a PV?

mine was aortic valve replaced with 27mm Hancock 2 porcine one

Associate
Well, today I learned Rotty's heart is in his leg.

Jokes aside, that's some serious surgery! All the best for a speedy recovery :)

Caporegime
Incredible stuff, how do you feel now vs. before? It sounds like your heart should be about twice as useful as before the surgery!

I do find this stuff amazing. Does it make you feel weird looking at pictures of it all online and knowing it was done to your heart? I just had a good old dig through some imagery and it made me feel weird.

Chicks dig scars remember. Tell them you fought a shark. :D

Associate
The father in law had a 4 way heart by pass at 49 and passed away at 74, his heart was knackered in the end but his liver and kidneys gave way first.

You should have many years ahead.

Don
OP
Incredible stuff, how do you feel now vs. before? It sounds like your heart should be about twice as useful as before the surgery!

I do find this stuff amazing. Does it make you feel weird looking at pictures of it all online and knowing it was done to your heart? I just had a good old dig through some imagery and it made me feel weird.

Chicks dig scars remember. Tell them you fought a shark. :D

Certainly can walk much further than before, would normally have been going to a cardiac rehab gym but not re opened yet, hopefully it won't be too long

Caporegime
Well that's good news, nice one! :)

Hope the rehab gym goes well when it reopens, must have been quite a scare going through all that.

Soldato
Blimey, you sure know how to help a guy recuperate! ;)

Good luck Rotty, nowt like a bit of key hole surgery :) As a surgeon customer once said to me after gasping at the size of his bill, and me telling him, "You lot can talk about the size of bills". He told me sternly "But WE repair the engine without turning it off"

One always hopes they haven't been on a bender or had a barney with the wife the night before they put their gloves on. Yours seem to have done a grand job, although his stitching is hardly to the standard of the better cosmetic surgeon French suturers. He could always get a part time job in retirement stitching mail bags... Can we call you Freankenstein now?

Take care, ignore LOAM.... ;)

It is true though. Does sometimes take a serious surgery to make some life changing conditions. Afterall 54 is still young.

Back
Top Bottom