My first build thread- Lian Li v350

Soldato
pump.jpg

modding done: none (well, i exerted a massive ammount of effort to remove 2 thumb screws...)

Soldato
Cool what did you go for spec wise. Any problems you came across during th build?

Core 2 Duo E8400 at a modest 3.6GHz (400x9)
Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R
4GB G.Skill PK-6400 at 400MHz 4-4-4-12
Sapphire ATi Radeon HD4870 at stock
500GB Samsung Spinpoint F1 SATA
Sony Optiarc AD-7201 SATA DVD-RW
Scythe Mini-Ninja
Corsair HX620 Modular
Lian-Li V350 Silver

Nice little build as well. :)

Also, my CPU cooler slid in without any fiddling - I just secured it to the motherboard and there was enough clearance. :confused:

Soldato
I think I'm going to go for one of these myself having seen all the pics here, some questions.
Do the drives just screw straight to the case (no rubber or anything)?
For those of you with the Gigabyte G33, do you lose both PCI slots with a 4870 or just the one?

Associate
OP
My build is all working which i am suprised at however there is one small problem with the optical drive.
The optical drive works, i,e it reads discs and games automatically come up on autoplay, but if i go into 'my computer' i have my drives listed and the optical drive displays the icon for the game or cd whatever happens to be in it at the time but if i try and load it up from there i.e double click on the icon it sometimes doesnt work and then it comes up that windows explorer or my computer is not responding. Any ideas about this? is it likely to be drivers?

Associate
Ah! nice thread thanks. The pic of the scythe mini ninja sitting in there helps me a lot, as I was wondering what cooler would fit well.

Soldato
What rad are you using there mate? Am thinking about a SFF watercool..

it looks slim so i would say black ice 240 ?

Even slimmer than a black ice stealth 240... i believe it's a magicool 240, i bought it under the false pretense that it was a black ice gts though, which it quite clearly is not.

I need more of this!

patience... Custom perspex bits are being cut as we speak (or already have, or will be shortly) Rest assured, i shall get a full worklog thingy up and running when it's done (hopefully, ths week)

Soldato
annoying how your rad fits perfectly viper :(

Great aint it =D

I'll be cutting some perspex myself tomorrow (well, later today i guess now) and hopefully bully the-guy-with-the-cnc-machine into doing the fiddley bits for me too =)

Which'll leave the side windows (which i'll do tomorrow) and the fans... which are taking an age to appear... stupid nanoxias, why did someone have to show me them... i just refuse to have anything else now, and they're so difficult to get hold of =(

Back
Top Bottom