My i7 3930K 3.20 OCing Follow Along!

Associate
OP
I find IBT Very High stresses the CPU much much more than Maximum for some reason; could be something specific to my setup, don't know. Could you give it 10 of Very High and check temps? I just tried Custom 8192, that got it hot :)

The tests Iv'e shown above are all on custom 14000 (Max)
Ran 5 times

Soldato
What's your VCORE (VRM) temperature? I can't get 4.6GHz because my VCORE (VRM) goes up past 85c. Really need to cool them some how, the heatsink is too hot to touch. Unfortunately i can't fit any fan there as the Phanteks heatsink is massive.

Associate
OP
2012-05-12_2016.png

I don't see it there?

Associate
I have to admit that I stopped my OC at 4.5 because I started playing with other toys like VT-x and VirtualBox with Ubuntu running in it. I fear in our attempts to hit the frequency highs, we sometimes neglect the amazing things you can actually do with the kit - I know I'm guilty of it.

I know I'll try for a stable 4.6 before long but the sideshows have my attention at the moment :)

Soldato
I have to admit that I stopped my OC at 4.5 because I started playing with other toys like VT-x and VirtualBox with Ubuntu running in it. I fear in our attempts to hit the frequency highs, we sometimes neglect the amazing things you can actually do with the kit - I know I'm guilty of it.

I know I'll try for a stable 4.6 before long but the sideshows have my attention at the moment :)

Yeah, I think I have stopped at 4.7 for now.

I could spend weeks tinkering, but I would actually like to use it for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom