My Lancer EVO FQ360 experience......

OcUK Staff
OP
Mr_White said:
When does the Saleen go?

It might not be so easy to blag proper test drives when you turn up in an old banger of a BMW :p

Hi there

Hence why I was trying to hang on to it, as long as the guy does not mess me about then potentially it could be gone by mid next week.

I have two more potential buyers, one wants to swap for a CSL and some cash my way which I am actually considering as I like the CSL. The other is a guy who owns a motorsport company and has supercharged many BMW's etc. and is interested in my car.

So worse case it might be gone in the next few days but if this buyer messes me around then one of the other guys will no doubt have it the following week.

When I arrived at Mitsubishi today they were more interested in my car then selling me an EVO. In fact they said why on earth would you want an EVO over it, lol. Then another guy came out started chatting and saying if it was his he'd be straight to Oulton Park with it. :)

Soldato
Gibbo said:
Hi there

I will be honest, if I could afford more than one decent car, I'd take an EVO FQ anyday, would be superb for those wet/cold days.

However what appeals to me about the EVO is literally the hooligan side of me and the car. As an only car though I feel that in a short time I'd become bored of it been too easy to drive.

You see I don't find the way they look appealing and am worried that on the dry and sunny days the ease of driving so fast with little effort would all become boring with time. Plus is not a real drivers car, when I say this I mean today navigating some country roads at high speeds, powering out of the corners etc. in the Mustang was fabulous fun and it feels a great achievement, especially when you deliberately power out of a corner to early and get the tail wagging because it takes steering control, throttle control etc. to keep it all together and as such is a real drivers car. Wheras with the EVO it was literally a case of point it where I wanted to go and floor the go pedal, there was hardly not even any need to feed the power in, just give it full beans. I hope all that makes sense. Problem with the Mustang is when cornering fast I move around in the seat, wheras the EVO the seats were fantastic, they lock you into place but are so comfy too. :)

Its gonna be interested to see how the RS4 and 911 Turbo compare as those are also both 4WD cars as well. I get the feeling the RS4 is not going to be as focused, wheras the Porsche might sit in the middle, will have to wait and see.

Have a try of a Rs diffed Evo, no AYC.

this would be any Rs model evo or a 9 GT :)

anyway cut the crap and get a GT3 Rs in green. :D (or black with orange wheels)

OcUK Staff
OP
Cryfreeman said:
Have a try of a Rs diffed Evo, no AYC.

this would be any Rs model evo or a 9 GT :)

anyway cut the crap and get a GT3 Rs in green. :D (or black with orange wheels)

Hi there

What exactly does the AYC do?

Also whats with the dodgy traction control settings, tarmec, gravel or snow? Now obviously you leave it on tarmec, but when would you set to gravel? Obviously snow, well thats fine but does one really grip on snow?

Are the ones without AYC better, are they import only?

Yes the Porsche test drives are coming up, I suspect they are gonna please most on the steering feel and will have to see how well they fair at everything else. :)

Soldato
Gibbo if you want a raw Evo then theres only one to consider getting and thats the

Evo 9.5 360MR HKS :cool:

In gear its actually quicker than an FQ400 as the 360 hks makes 360lbs @ 3200 compared to the FQ400s 355lbs @ 5500

It also has a smaller turbo and a much better clutch

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
The_One said:
Gibbo if you want a raw Evo then theres only one to consider getting and thats the

Hi there

What is such a thing? Google brings nothing up. I assume import only which is very bad for insurance on Japanese cars.

The_One said:

In gear its actually quicker than an FQ400 as the 360 hks makes 360lbs @ 3200 compared to the FQ400s 355lbs @ 5500

It also has a smaller turbo and a much better clutch

This FQ360 I drove makes 363Lb-Ft at 3200rpm according to the brochure and 366BHP at 6900rpm.

Do they as standard have a huge rear exhaust, that looks like HKS as well?

Soldato
The evo 360 hks are being sold only by ralliart and there are only 200 of them.

This is one

SP_A0014.jpg

OcUK Staff
OP
The_One said:
The evo 360 hks are being sold only by ralliart and there are only 200 of them.

This is one

SP_A0014.jpg

Hi there

It looks identical, how is the car different from an FQ360? Surely there is not that much difference is any?

Soldato
Looking at it i think the FQ360 and the FQ360 HKS are one and the same.

Most people just refer to it as the FQ360 but it has been heavily influenced by HKS who i believe spec'd the smaller turbo it has compared to the rest of the FQ range which gives it much better spool up and more torque lower in the rev range.

Sorry for the confusion :)

Back
Top Bottom