• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

My new 2500K @ 5.0ghz

Associate
With regards to CPU power usage, you can measure it with HWMonitor.
I'm seeing 11.89W Package power for idle at 1.6G (7.26W for the cores) and 129.70 Package power while running IBT 2.52 (123.01W for the cores) 4.6G. Voltage range 0.99 to 1.40.
Bit disappointed with my heatsink only seeming to give me 0.5deg/watt :(

Soldato
Trouble is, myself along with everyone else here can sustain a reasonable overclock, but always have the itch to want more.

I have pretty much hit a brick wall at 4.5Ghz, it will sit there stable all day with 1.35v (average chip). But to get to 4.6Ghz takes 1.4v+ , which clearly isnt worth it, but then again is it? if the temps are OK why not push it to its limits and enjoy it afterall thats what this site is about. It all goes around in one big circle!

Associate
Morning Guys,

What temps are you guys recording, and off what cooling specs ?

I decided that 4.2ghz was enough for me considering my small watercooling loop; Ive only done about 30 mins of 'Offical' stability testing, but that was using IntelBurn in, under extreme just to check the maximum temps - Which were around 55 degrees.

Since running the burn in, ive ran the PC all day Whilst gaming etc (for around 5 hours constantly on Saturday, Yes I need to get out more :p), and ive not blue screened yet. I plan on stability testing shortly, I was just more interested in actually using it than running tests - Its only been built 3 days.

I undervolted my CPU - Cant remember the exact voltages, but will report later today when I get home from work..*Yawn, early start*

-Vinny-

Permabanned
i manage to get my intel 2500k at 5ghz with only 1.35v using an aksa venom cooler. Although i got VERY HIGH temperatures it ran stable with benchmarks.

Soldato
Anyone else hit a brick wall with their i5's?

Im 100% 24/7 stable at 4.5 Ghz @ 1.36v (not the best i know), but to get 4.6Ghz it needs something stupid like 1.43v, and 5Ghz is bootable but impossible to get stable at all.

Would a 530w PSU be struggling under the power demands of the ovrclocked chip?

Associate
That is looking Epic mate. And if you are having good results with the OCing, then keep it up. Its your choice to push your hardware.... your money lol :p

Associate
Tbh the 2500k is strong enough for most tasks at the moment and doesn't even need overclocking, in games there is no difference between stock and overclocked to 4.8 Ghz which I've personally tested, I've kept mine at stock.

Back
Top Bottom