My new car (Warning: Uncool 5 door action inside)

Soldato
OP
It's not crunching, it just plain won't go in initially. I'll play with it a bit more and see if there's a "knack" to it

Cheers Gaijin, no it won't detract from the enjoyment of the '5 much, it handles like the QE2 in comparison and isn't quite as fast :D

Still got "that" numberplate? ;)

Soldato
OP
I noticed the torque limit too, 2nd is pretty quick, but it takes off in 3rd upward :)

The reverse is concerning me a little - it literally won't go in on the first attempt, have to declutch and select other gears a couple of times, but it's slick as anything once warmed up.

Soldato
OP
It does have the MMT6 yeah, and you don't really push down, you just go all the way to the left, then up, which doesn't happen when it's stone cold unless you go into, say, 3rd then 5th first. Not the end of the world but it'd be nice to see if it can be improved with an oil change/linkage adjustment

Soldato
OP
Just in case anyone's interested, Ford have diagnosed the gear issue and say the car needs a new clutch. So one's being fitted under warranty next Monday! Let's hope it fixes it, and if it doesn't, I get a shiny new clutch anyway :p

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
Thanks Iain, ah yes I have the bluespot one bookmarked. How does it stay clipped in to the console?

Phil I thought you had an aftermarket HU, sorry!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well my car now has a new clutch and slave cylinder and the gearbox is smooth as silk now, warm or stone cold :cool: :)
Oh and..

Ta-daa!

interior1.jpg

Finally no more stupid 3.5mm input jack ;)

Soldato
OP
Howard, what's the wear like on the drivers seat on the right hand side as you get in?

Mine's scuffed to bits!
Only the tiniest bit of wear/scuffing on the bolster bit where the seatbelt is, there's a very small split in one of the seat seams (where the bottom bolsters meet the "main" seat pad for want of a better description) which I've had a quote to fix from a reputable upholsterer local to me, so will be sorting that some point. Might get them to 'refurb' the scuffed seatbelt bolster too but it's only very minor. The rest of the leather is in excellent condition.

Pics of your leather to compare?

That looks really good actually, and the gap at the bottom doesnt seem as cavernous as the ones ive seen before!
Yep it fits well and looks pretty good in the flesh :)

What head unit is that!
Alpine IDA-X305. iPod is in the glovebox.

Alpine..... DEEEPP-TTTTT-1110002999333-HID-HOD-BING-BONG
That's the one!

Btw, scratch on your leather!
Where? Probably just a bit of dirt/dust. Half the garden blew in whilst I was working on fitting the HU (a royal faff due to lacking in space inside the dash and the first fascia adaptor not fitting properly :mad: ) and had the door open :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
Well I tried Paul's trick of attacking the jacking point covers with a heat gun this morning and now they seem to stay put a fair bit better!

I wonder how long it'll be before I find one dangling from it's tether when I arrive at work again.. :D

Also had the issue of RCA plugs not fitting in the back (or rather, not being able to push the HU all the way back with them plugged in!) as well. Might have to get creative with some right-angle plugs or something if I fit a sub

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom