My new Dell 2405FPW - pictures & first impressions

Associate
my bro has LG 1710B and I have Dell 2005FPW. The LG 1710B looks like light bulb next to the Dell.

sorry to say but thats the truth in my eyes.

Soldato
Baddass said:
this is some kind of magical card!! im very surprised it does this res on DVI and even more surprised games like GTA San Andreas run at 1920 x 1200 and full draw distance without a problem!

Blimey, I'll have to try GTASA out at 1920 x 1200 when I get back. Do I have to rub the card in any way first to get it to run that high with full draw distance?

Cool pic Mr L, do you have more pics on the web of your airshow visits?

Man of Honour
OP
Brum Man said:
Baddass, can you take a pic of how you've tidied your cables as mine look a bit of a mess.

will sort out some pics of the cables this evening. Do you mean the ones for the TFT or inside my case?

Toekiller, that's Samurize running in the top left, shows CPU usage, mem usage, network traffic and temps. handy to have i find :)

Associate
Great monitor, i was very lucky and got it for £650 inc del, when it was on sale back in May :), then the next week it shot upto £1100 :| cuase it was such high demand

Man of Honour
OP
Dave2150 said:
Nice pics, Baddass awesome review, you have me thining of getting one :eek:

How does it scale to 1280x1024 in games?

not had chance to have a proper play yet. don't worry, a more in depth review will be following soon. I'll see if i can add a bit of content soon to the front of this thread though

Soldato
tom_nieto said:
Blimey, I'll have to try GTASA out at 1920 x 1200 when I get back. Do I have to rub the card in any way first to get it to run that high with full draw distance?

Cool pic Mr L, do you have more pics on the web of your airshow visits?

Will show more on the next installment of the room thread, possibly use them on the multimonitor guide section thats coming next.

As for these 24" ers nice but i now prfer the TV route and cant wait to test the newly orderd Sony 32" "V" series although limited to 1366x768 its 8ms :eek:

Its for the living room though so mostly for HDTV and X360

Man of Honour
OP
let us know how you find it Latte :) Personally i was looking for a PC solution, but there are certainly some very nice large HDTV LCD TV's around too :D

Man of Honour
OP
added some first impressions about gaming, movies and colour reproduction to the front page of this thread.

There will be a full review coming in the next few weeks with much more info and more pics :D

Associate
Mr Latte - can you point me in the direction of the room thread please? ta

ah its ok - search is indeed your friend - nice setup there

Last edited:

Mud

Mud

Soldato
Dave2150 said:
Nice pics, Baddass awesome review, you have me thining of getting one :eek:

How does it scale to 1280x1024 in games?

I haven't bothered with 1280x1024 (yucky squareness), but it scales 1280x800 very nicely.

Man of Honour
OP
Brum Man said:
Of the cable tidy pls!!

sorry mate, had to find my camera again.

Right, cable tidy just allows the cables to be tucked up at the back like this:

Then there's a clip attached on the back where you just clip the cables in. That's it, does a good job. Don't forget to leave a bit of slack if you intend to rotate to portrait mode:

Mud

Mud

Soldato

Was messing around in portrait-mode...the slow-mo is in landscape (so 90' off), as is the HUD (which Print Screen doesn't seem to pick up). Not a great way to play, but damn everything seems huge!

edit: messed up the paste job slightly (top of the first pic is also top of 2&3), ah well... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom