My new rig from OC UK

jc0

jc0

Associate
OP
Thanks for the nice comments guys. The handle was a necessity and one of the main reasons I chose the case - I have to be able to carry the PC into the living room so that I can plug it into our 55" panny. It weighs a hell of a lot btw!

Here is the full spec:

Intel i3570k 3.4 GHz @ 4.6 GHz
ASUS Z77 Sabertooth Mobo
Corsair TX 850W PSU
Patriot Viper "Black Mamba" Generation 3 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD
EVGA 670 FTW 4GB SLI
CoolerMaster CM Stryker Case
XSPC Rasa 750 RX240 Water Cooling Kit

Associate
It looks amazing, that and the wireless look of your TV! My options are to either have cables dangling or use something to 'hide' them (can't be putting holes in the walls) neither option is so clean looking:p

Cheers Rich! Great being able to show it to people who appreciate stuff like this. The misses just stares blankly at me when I try showing it off to her!

That's a shame, it's a beast!

jc0

jc0

Associate
OP
Did the lights come with the build mate? Looks stunning!

Thanks mate! The build was originally based on the Ultima 9000i Hyrophobia system but I pretty much changed every single component in there apart from the CPU. I added the lights in last-minute (they're Akasa and cost around £12) as I thought I might as well illuminate the inside if I was having a windowed-case. I was really pleased with how it turned out. OCUK did an amazing job on the build.

jc0

jc0

Associate
OP
What games are you currently playing man?

Hey NathWraith, I just completed Far Cry 3 last night - I have some more side-missions to do but the main story is done. I really enjoyed that game actually after an initially slow start and the graphics looked incredible on ultra. I also have Assassins Creed 3 and Hitman Absolution on the go but neither of those have really caught my imagination so far. I bought Skyrim when I was gaming on my old rig but found it really hard to get into also. I'm sure it's a great game judging from all the positive feedback but it just hasn't really 'hit' me. I haven't done any crafting and don't really understand it to be honest. Maybe I should give it another go? The last game I really enjoyed apart from FC3 was Dishonored - loved it.

I'm really looking forward to Bioshock Infinite and might give Tomb Raider a go. Any suggestions would be most welcome!!

Soldato
Hey NathWraith, I just completed Far Cry 3 last night - I have some more side-missions to do but the main story is done. I really enjoyed that game actually after an initially slow start and the graphics looked incredible on ultra. I also have Assassins Creed 3 and Hitman Absolution on the go but neither of those have really caught my imagination so far. I bought Skyrim when I was gaming on my old rig but found it really hard to get into also. I'm sure it's a great game judging from all the positive feedback but it just hasn't really 'hit' me. I haven't done any crafting and don't really understand it to be honest. Maybe I should give it another go? The last game I really enjoyed apart from FC3 was Dishonored - loved it.

I'm really looking forward to Bioshock Infinite and might give Tomb Raider a go. Any suggestions would be most welcome!!

I have still yet to play far cry 3, Uplay is playing silly buggers with my system atm. Glad to hear it is good though as there were a lot of doubters after far cry 2.

I'm playing aliens Colonial marines atm and I don't understand why everyone is saying it is bad, I'm mainly ripping up the multiplayer which is sweet. So good playing as alien :D

Back
Top Bottom