My New Winter Project

Soldato
It's a programmable fan controller, I'm going to connect all the fans to it, the temperature sensors and the flow meter amp and I'll configure it so that when there's no load it'll be quiet and if the water heats up to much it'll ramp the fan speed up.

What's the point?
You have 3 480mm SR1's - the water will probably be in the negatives!!!

Don
OP
It's 8/11mm tubing.

What I'm aiming for is to have the fans running at 200-300rpm when idle (might even switch most of them off if possible). Then when at full load have the fans all ramp up to 100%.

Don
OP
Currently running 2.4lpm through the CPU block, 0.9lpm through the top rad, and 1.2lpm through the bottom two. Slight in accuracy it seems as the total of the two rad flows should equal the CPU flow.

Edit:
CPU flow rate with 3 rads online is 2.45lpm
CPU flow rate with 2 rads online is 2.25lpm
CPU flow rate with 1 rad online is 2.15lpm

Soldato
Nah, was hitting 80C, it'll happily run passive though at idle though.

:eek:

Currently running 2.4lpm through the CPU block, 0.9lpm through the top rad, and 1.2lpm through the bottom two. Slight in accuracy it seems as the total of the two rad flows should equal the CPU flow.

Edit:
CPU flow rate with 3 rads online is 2.45lpm
CPU flow rate with 2 rads online is 2.25lpm
CPU flow rate with 1 rad online is 2.15lpm

Does it matter if it's different?

Don
OP
How did you work that out?!

I never thought one person could hold so much knowledge!
The CPU flowrate splits in two, part of the flow goes through the top rad and the rest goes through the bottom two. The flowrate through the bottom two should be more or less double the top one as they will be half as restrictive. It's only different because of the inaccuracies of the flowmeters.

The amp actually has a switch betweem 6mm ID tubing and 10mm tubing. I'm using 8mm tubing so it'll be somewhere between the two in reality, so I've went with 6mm tubing which gives a slightly lower flowrate measurement.

Permabanned
Would it not been easyer to build a chea MDF frame for the WC, pump, ball vlaves etc and have it all layed out flat to test. Be cheaper and easyer to work with!

80c!! My 17 2700K @ 5GHZ cooled by EK Supreme HF new plate, DIYINK 12W DDC, EK DDC top/res & SR-1 560 doesn't get that hot as a pasive item!

Don
OP
Would it not been easyer to build a chea MDF frame for the WC, pump, ball vlaves etc and have it all layed out flat to test. Be cheaper and easyer to work with!

80c!! My 17 2700K @ 5GHZ cooled by EK Supreme HF new plate, DIYINK 12W DDC, EK DDC top/res & SR-1 560 doesn't get that hot as a pasive item!
That's 80C when Priming though!

Don
OP
Started doing some load testing today, running OCCT 4.0 for 1hour.
Peak temps:-
3rads - 57C
2rads - 59C
1rad - 62C

So going from 1 radiator upto 3 in parallel only drops peak temperatures 5C!

Back
Top Bottom