My PC keeps crashing.

Soldato
Everytime I play Hitman Absolution after about 10-15 minutes my PC just crashes. It happens no where else.

I tried different drivers, I got GPuz to make a log, my GPU's were staying under 50 degrees c. My CPU also shows fine temps. It always happens at around the same amount of time into the game and only on Hitman no where else. Shall I put this down to the game? I even tried minimum settings and get the same issues. I tried using only 1 of my cards at a time and it does the same (except it hangs on a yellow screen rather than the current frame).

When it crashes it just freezes the PC on the current frame on the display. I've waited 40 minutes and it still sticks there so now I just reboot.

My Rig is:

. 3930k CPU OC to 4,5GHZ
. 2 Sapphire 7970's
. ASrock x79 extreme 9 mobo.
. Silverstone Strider 1200W Modular '80 Plus Gold' Power Supply (SST-ST1200-G) [SST-ST1200-G]
. 256gb samsung 830 x 2
. 2 x seagate 2tb hdd

(ask me if you need any more specs)

So any ideas guys? or any questions you have to help me pin it down? Any software I can run to try find the cause? It's really started to stress me out now..

It's really annoying as my iMac is out for repair and my gaming rig is all I really have except a MBa and that's just useless for everything.

James

Last edited:
Associate
Could be loads of reasons, from virus' to simply the game has been poorly coded, I think we need more info. HDD, PSU, SSD and other hardware, and also run a simple virus scan

Soldato
OP
Could be loads of reasons, from virus' to simply the game has been poorly coded, I think we need more info. HDD, PSU, SSD and other hardware, and also run a simple virus scan

I've update with some more specs. I've already run a Virus scan it came back negative (used Sophos). It's annoying how it's only in Hitman though.

Soldato
OP
Have you tried running the game with the Overclock removed and try running mem test on your ram.

I tried underclocking my CPU and same results. My GPU's are at stock.

My CPU passes benchmarks now with flying colours at very good temps.

I wil now try a Memory test though.

Last edited:
Associate
They should be okay to around 80, but to be safe I try to never go above 60, and keep it around 40 if possible.. Has this been happening much? or just today? and how often is your PC on?

Associate
Then if all looks well, your hardware is fine.

I would start thinking about wiping the hard drives and starting again. But don't take my word for it, I could be wrong. Hard to say over a forum

Soldato
OP
Then if all looks well, your hardware is fine.

I would start thinking about wiping the hard drives and starting again. But don't take my word for it, I could be wrong. Hard to say over a forum

Tried that lol. I backed everything up started again same issues. Also tried restoring to a backup. Reset Mobo as-well and still the same issues lol.

Associate
That's most likely your problem.
I know many people using windows 8 and games not running properly for them. Try windows 7, wait for the developers to fix the windows 8 problem and try again :) Might take a while though, and is probably something to do with microsoft, not the game studio.
Hope this helps

Soldato
OP
That's most likely your problem.
I know many people using windows 8 and games not running properly for them. Try windows 7, wait for the developers to fix the windows 8 problem and try again :) Might take a while though, and is probably something to do with microsoft, not the game studio.
Hope this helps

But why would it crash my entire PC?

Back
Top Bottom