1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My pics

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by Screeeech, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Screeeech

Wise Guy

I thought I'd use this thread as a sort of running blog for my photos, I do mostly Landscape and Architecture with a Phase One setup, I used to shoot large format but quit a couple of years back when they stopped making Velvia, so just moved to technical medium format (Cambo WRS-5000 with a Phase one IQ260 ) mostly for the quality of the lenses and movements, which I was well practised with from 5x4,

Been out quite a lot in the last week, I did a couple of quick trips down to the coast - just mainly getting used to this new kit, ahead of an 8 day trip to Lapland next week to try and focus on the Northern Lights and frozen trees :)

Feel free to comment, or just ignore me :D

Beachy Head last week

[​IMG]

London Bridge last week,

[​IMG]

Durdle Door this morning,

[​IMG]

2. neodude

Mobster

Stunning mate! :)

3. Sig226

Gangster

lovely images !

4. Steve M

Wise Guy

Nice shots :)

5. scrivz69

Wise Guy

Awesome fella.

6. Pooh

Gangster

Really like the light on the bridge shot.

What was the EXIF for that one ?

7. Screeeech

Wise Guy

Thanks for the kind comments guys :)

Because the lenses I use are all mechanical - the only exif available is from the digital back, in this case it was;
    Bits Per Sample 8 8 8
    Exif Image Size 1,024 × 767
    Photometric Interpretation RGB
    Make Phase One
    Camera Model Name IQ260
    Orientation Horizontal (normal)
    Samples Per Pixel 3
    Planar Configuration Chunky
    Software Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
    Exposure Time 20
    Exposure Program Manual
    ISO 50
    Exif Version 0230
    Date/Time Original 2017:01:15 21:56:44
    6 days, 16 hours, 3 minutes, 29 seconds ago

The lens I used was a 32mm Rodenstock Digaron HR, @ F11 with 1.5 degrees of front tilt and 1 degree of swing to the right (to get the wall and bridge in focus)

It's actually one of my favourite spots, but it's on private property (that whole area is) and I get harassed by security - however 90% of the time they leave me alone when I tell them it's just a hobby...

8. wedrum

Mobster

lovely

9. Phate

Caporegime

Wow!

10. Screeeech

Wise Guy

Cheers guys :)

I'm currently sat in a log cabin in Lapland Finland, there's a 5(G1) extreme aurora forecast forecast for tonight which is "extreme" so I'm planning to go out around 2-3am to see if I can get some Northern Lights action.

I got here on Sunday which was grey and gloomy, today was the same however tomorrow and Wednesday are looking good (from midnight tonight) so hopefully I'll fill some cards :p

The snow is pretty impressive, the average depth around here (Posio) is about 60-70cm, so getting plenty of use out of my snowshoes!

11. Holst1981

Hitman

Looking forward to seeing it :)

Have fun.

12. Screeeech

Wise Guy

Sadly no aurora last night, good forecast tonight but there's very heavy cloud - not to worry though, had a very productive day - loving the arctic light! The sunrises/sunsets last for ages.

Snowshoeing is also lots of fun!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Phate

Caporegime

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful!

Makes me want to try that format! :)

14. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Those are beyond nice!

15. Screeeech

Wise Guy

Cheers guys!

Been a busy couple of days, Wednesday was also a good day - managed to see the Northern lights for the first time, also spent more time down in Oulanka national park, it's really nice down there

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another one from Arctic Hill

[​IMG]

Went outside at 3am and sky was green, was pretty impressive - difficult to shoot though, I think I need more practise and need to be in a spot where you can compose quickly, as it's a very rapidly changing thing - one moment it's there, the next it's right behind you, really good to see it though!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Drollic

Wise Guy

These are great, keep adding.

17. DB_SamX

Sgarrista

These look amazing - so smooth/silky!

18. Screeeech

Wise Guy

Cheers Guys!

Nice down at "The Cobb" at Lyme Regis this morning, cheeky session before work :p

Also looks good at high tide, thankfully no runner or dogwalkers reking my life today :D

[​IMG]

Would have preferred a few more clouds and less harsh lighting, but there'a always another day!

[​IMG]

Edit, re-uploaded the top one, wrong colour profile :p

19. Phate

Caporegime

I suddenly want a medium format camera :p

20. Screeeech

Wise Guy

Tbh - it's a very slow workflow, I shoot a technical camera that has the full range of movements (tilt/swing/rise/fall/shift) - the sensor on my IQ260 produces very very nice images that print very big, it has almost 14 stops of DR too, but it's goes to **** as soon as I start doing very long exposures - anything over a minute is a waste of time, unless the temperature is freezing, as the back gets very hot! Most people would prefer a D810 or a Sony A7 as the sensors in those things will easily beat mine at high ISO or longer exposures.

The difference with technical cameras, is the lenses are beyond words when it comes to sharpness and image quality, the movements allow you to adjust the amount of foreground or sky, without having to tilt the camera up or down - so you end up with far less distortion - which is even better if you have buildings in the shot. I can also stitch panoramics by shifting the back from side to side without moving the camera - which generates perfect panos (zero change in perspective, as the sensors moves around inside the image circle of the lens)

The only problem is - it all comes at the cost of time!, time to setup, time to do everything manually, which a lot of people would hate. But I love it because it FORCES me to slow down and think about what I'm photographing :p