My review of the EK Supremacy Evo

Associate
Hehe if your getting it from ocuk, I think a lot of wc items are out of stock and they are awaiting stock. im waiting for tubing then I can do mine lol

Well yes, but I specifically ordered stuff that was in stock.. When the order finalised someone else had had the two EK water blocks and some of my Primo-chill tubing... but everything else was still ok. 3.5 weeks later I'm still waiting on the Res/pump combo.. this week I've called 4 times to be told, yep it's in, sorry, next day before 12....

ARRRGGGHH - today's chap has told me he will personally go and find it and post it... Here's hoping ;)

SJ

Associate
Well yes, but I specifically ordered stuff that was in stock.. When the order finalised someone else had had the two EK water blocks and some of my Primo-chill tubing... but everything else was still ok. 3.5 weeks later I'm still waiting on the Res/pump combo.. this week I've called 4 times to be told, yep it's in, sorry, next day before 12....

ARRRGGGHH - today's chap has told me he will personally go and find it and post it... Here's hoping ;)

SJ

Well all I can say is I have had nothing but brilliant customer service. some items was out of stock. a simple forum post sorted it. a very happy customer here. just the tubing im waiting for now lol. seems to be taking an age. but what unless ocuk get stock they cant ship out not there fault but still annoying lol

Associate
OP
FYI: http://www.ekwb.com/news/543/19/EK-...ng-with-brand-new-Jet-J3-for-LGA-2011-3-CPUs/

Relevant quote:
The new jet plate J3 with every newly assembled EK-Supremacy EVO water block at no additional cost. EK is also giving away 1000 (one thousand) free J3 jet plates to our existing users - these will also be distributed among our resellers. They come free of charge other than the shipping fee (for end customer there is a limit of 2 free jet plates per order) and are available through EK Webshop and Partner Reseller Network.

Good timing for me too!

Associate
OP
Yeah but I'd still bet shipping just the jetplate won't be worth it. Best to combine with other items due to how minimum shipping costs work.

Associate
Yeah but I'd still bet shipping just the jetplate won't be worth it. Best to combine with other items due to how minimum shipping costs work.

ill be getting some items from EKWB, this will include J3. They only give 2 free jetplates :/ Thats a pity. Ill be giving 1 of them out for free :D

Associate
OP
Glad it helped. I already have a new prototype block from a surprise brand I am testing out now, so it's going to be fun with this, the Watercool Heatkiller 4.0 and the XSPC Raystorm Pro coming out anytime now.

Associate
I currently have some thermal pastes and I don't know which one I should use with the block. 1st one is Arctic Cooling MX4 (I used to use this with some previous air cooled systems). 2nd one is Coollaboratory Liquid Pro as according to many reviews it has top notch performance but it is kinda nasty and difficult to clean. Last one is the Gelid GC extreme that comes with the block. Any suggestion?

Associate
OP
Don't use CLP, it is not worth the hassle one bit. The updated Ultra version is easier to handle but still not something I would recommend to beginners. Go with the included GC Extreme. It is viscous so you may want to put the tube in a piece of plastic, tie it up and soak it in warm water for a few minutes to help with mounting.

Associate
Don't use CLP, it is not worth the hassle one bit. The updated Ultra version is easier to handle but still not something I would recommend to beginners. Go with the included GC Extreme. It is viscous so you may want to put the tube in a piece of plastic, tie it up and soak it in warm water for a few minutes to help with mounting.

Thank you very much indeed! :)

Back
Top Bottom