My semi-pro MMA debut 20 days away O_o

Soldato
Ive got my debut boxing bout tomorrow, heh. The only advice I can give is make sure you are in the best possible physical condition you can be in when the time comes, it's the only thing that's going to give you confidence in yourself really. Give it your all in training between now and then and you will have a fight with no regrets no matter what the decision :)

Soldato
OP
Ive got my debut boxing bout tomorrow, heh. The only advice I can give is make sure you are in the best possible physical condition you can be in when the time comes, it's the only thing that's going to give you confidence in yourself really. Give it your all in training between now and then and you will have a fight with no regrets no matter what the decision :)

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Soldato
Ive had a lot of amatuer fights in Muay Thai in the UK and Thailand, plus more than I can remember in TKD so I guess the process would be similar. Nothing will prepare you for your first fight completely, you just got to go through the steps and come out the other side conscious! Im sure your camp has prepped you up as much as they can anyway. Nerves are always there, all fighters get them no matter how seasoned they are.
Do you know much about your opponent? I try and get as much info as possible on their fighting style, the worst thing is going in unprepared and not having an idea what to expect.
Whats semi-pro in MMA then? Being paid for it but not having the fight go against your record, or vice-versa? Good luck.

Associate
Best of luck. If he's a striker, you're going to want to get him on the ground as quick as possible, shouldn't be too bad with a judo background!

Remember to keep your chin tucked in and your guard up. Might be an idea to force him to commit himself and take him to ground.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom