My trip down i7 road.

Associate
No problem m8y it's just I'm looking to get myself a new board and CPU really liked the look of the new P55 Gigabyte UD6, but after reading about the socket problems it has really put me so I started looking at the X58 boards once again with the Gigabyte UD5 being top of my list then I read about your problems :( Now looking at the EVGA boards, but they are so confusing with the naming of them :confused:

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Heres the pics of my current rig now that its all working properly -

DSC02037.jpg

DSC02040.jpg

DSC02042.jpg

DSC02043.jpg

DSC02044.jpg

I can/do hook that TV up and use it for movies etc.

Soldato
Oh damn. I'm going to have to take my computer apart to see if I have the same problem.

Doesn't even matter that it's stable, it'll drive me mad wondering if it does.

Associate
I had the same issue with a Gigabyte board (DS4). It cost me a small fortune in returned components (memory, CPU and motherboard). The RMA process didn't find the fault. In the end I just bought another one. Second one worked straight away.

If I'd read this first, I wouldn't have gone with the P55M. It seems to be working, but I haven't installed the OS yet.

Really surprised your system even booted with so many pins misconnected!

Soldato
Who told you this? Like hell is it normal, there are multiple vcc and vss pins for better reasons than to allow foxconn to **** up making the sockets

Permabanned
We all know it's not normal, but somebody claimed that all 1366 sockets do this to the i7.

He had a UD5 that looked the same apparently. I think they were just trying to placate me tbh, as I was making a fuss about it.

Back
Top Bottom