N64 mini ???

Man of Honour
Doubt it'll happen anytime soon. Mainly because it'd need to be 4 player and the controllers won't be cheap. But also because Microsoft now own Rare, and licensing games could be an absolute nightmare (especially Goldeneye).

Personally, I'd rather see a HDMI enabled Gameboy Classic. Something like the original DMG scaled to 40% (iirc) to fit with the NES and SNES Classics. No need for a screen, Controller port in place of the link cable port. Selection of the best Gameboy and Gameboy Color games.

Following year... Similar sort of thing, but for Gameboy Advanced.

Soldato
Yeah, I'm not holding my breath on this either. Tbh I don't really want a mini emulator, which is why I got a Super NT and Mega SG. I was hoping Analogue would also create their homage to the N64, but it would be quite an undertaking as I understand it.

Plus there's the N64 image quality issue... Its blurry due to hardware anti-aliasing, if you 'fix' or sharpen this up I'm not sure it'll look quite right.

Edit - I've actually found a spare N64 in my parent's loft. I've sold all my games now, but I guess it's an option if I decide I'm longing for a bit of Goldeneye.

Associate
OP
Yeah, I'm not holding my breath on this either. Tbh I don't really want a mini emulator, which is why I got a Super NT and Mega SG. I was hoping Analogue would also create their homage to the N64, but it would be quite an undertaking as I understand it.

Plus there's the N64 image quality issue... Its blurry due to hardware anti-aliasing, if you 'fix' or sharpen this up I'm not sure it'll look quite right.

Edit - I've actually found a spare N64 in my parent's loft. I've sold all my games now, but I guess it's an option if I decide I'm longing for a bit of Goldeneye.

Nice....Perfect Dark was a riot back in the day...4 players on a 21ins CRT....those were the days lol

Caporegime
N64 mini without Goldeneye would be like Sega without Sonic or Nintendo without Mario, if it did have Goldeneye it would be the greatest console ever although perhaps I'm being a bit too nostalgic.

Soldato
Has anyone above been back and played Goldeneye?

I didn't have an N64, but played Goldeneye multiplayer extensively at the time and it was great.

Played it a little while ago... IMO it does NOT hold up well! :( and I don't understand how I ever managed to get on with the control scheme!

Other games (PS1/2 Medal of Honour for example) are dated, but still play well. Goldeneye is "of it's time" :p

Associate
Other games (PS1/2 Medal of Honour for example) are dated, but still play well. Goldeneye is "of it's time" :p

I started to replay PS1 Medal of Honour a few weeks back. Would definitely put that in the dated and "of it's time" category too. It was so slow it felt like your walking through treacle. Enjoyed many hours of multiplayer on that back in the day!

Back
Top Bottom