NAS 4k issues (NAS/unnraid/Plex)

Soldato
I have tested local plex on TV vs nvidia shield tv and I find nvidia shield tv to be better personally.

Possibly because it can cache more than the tv can.

Have my shield tv plugged into an avr that can do everything the shield chucks at it.

Associate
I have an old Sony 4k TV, the Plex App stopped working a while ago, I currently use a Firetv stick to watch Plex but my son tells me the Shield is loads better....

I have a Denon AVR as well.

He also said to get a Networked Freeview Tuner, I think then you can do everything via the Shield........anyone do this?

Pug

Pug

Soldato
OP
Not sure what to say gents, don't doubt you're right technically, but having watched 4 x 4k HDR films this past week, smallest being 40GB, largest bring 60GB (2h 40 runtime which puts me under the 100mbps ceiling I guess) I can hand on heart say it's not stuttered once in any of them... If it can do that on 100mb port then it's spec'd A-OK in my book. No need to use a device (my NUC is connected to the TV is I wanted to use it, but I don't use it as the TV client is so good).

Prior to this thread (what prompted me to post it) I was getting pauses every 10mins or so. I must've had a stupid string that I've resolved in the Plex server or something.

Something has changed, but the only thing that hasn't is the hardware. Sorry I can't give you more detail...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom