NASA hacker speaks

Soldato
squiffy said:
Any of you worked out if he did have evidence he'll be even more trouble now? He probably has evidence but not releasing directly, pretty stupid if he does.

Only a idiot would keep print outs at his home/aunties.
If he did have evidence he'd be on the missing persons list and not thrust into the media spotlight facing extradition. These people don't muck around...

Man of Honour
I am a firm believer in the whole UFO thing and the NASA/US cover-ups, and from what I've read their security really was that bad back then.

As for the lack of evidence, why didn't he use a normal 35mm camera to take a photo of the image on the monitor? If I'd been hacking for a year or two and felt I was getting close, I'd make damned sure I would have some way of recording/documenting anything I found.

Permabanned
Locrian said:
Everybody knows that given ~50 years were going to run out of oil as it’s a finite resource and no new major fields have been discovered in years, yet none of our governments seem to be battering an eyelid. Extremely plausible that technology is being suppressed if you ask me.

edit: Actually he cant be insane, if he was his lawyers would surely plea insanity and he wouldnt be facing 60 years in jail, more like a mental institute?

Utter rubbish!

Current oil FLOW is enough to see us through another 100 years and then there are the supplies on top of that!

Jeez, where do people find this pap!? Wikipedeia!??

Soldato
zain said:
Yeah I once saw a plane too :D

The scariest part of that interview was the messaging in notepad, it shows how easily organisations like NASA, CIA and big ol Microsoft can access your computer. Who knows what/when they look at confidential data,

I don't think you read the interview quite right. He wasn't doing the conversation on his workstation, but the one at NASA. He was using a VNC server/client style interrogation of the workstation (a little unusual), which meant what he did/saw was exactly what was on the monitor of the workstation at NASA. All he means by conversation in wordpad was that the net-tech noticed what was going on, went to the workstation, opened up wordpad and started to type. Given both users had mouse/keyboard control it would be the most convenient way to pass messages back and forth.

Soldato
GM: No, the graphical remote viewer works frame by frame. It's a Java application, so there's nothing to save on your hard drive, or at least if it is, only one frame at a time.

SK: So did you get the one frame?

GM: No.

SK: What happened?

GM: Once I was cut off, my picture just disappeared.

SK: You were actually cut off the time you were downloading the picture?

GM: Yes, I saw the guy's hand move across.

:rolleyes: Load of rubbish.

Soldato
OP
I had another thought. Whenever I've used VNC it doesn't control the mouse on the screen, it just logs you in invisibly. The only time i've seen it take over is with Remote Assistance. I'm sure you could set up VNC to do that but why would you?? It's just sounds like such BS. If he could write a Pearl Script to find all the machines with blank admin passwords and he could get a VNC server installed and configured undetected surely he could have done better.

Soldato
Oracle said:
Utter rubbish!

Current oil FLOW is enough to see us through another 100 years and then there are the supplies on top of that!

Jeez, where do people find this pap!? Wikipedeia!??
No. Now that China and India are catching up the west in terms of oil consumption (and the prospect of far exceeding it) the figures are actually substantially less than 50 years. And that's just theoretical supply... actual market demand for the product will subside long before then because it will cost way too much. OPEC countries have already started cutting back or capping their supply output because they've realised that they can make much more money by inducing a supply problem than just willy-nilly extracting as much oil as they can and selling it relatively cheaply. At the end of the day it boils down to money and economics.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I call shenanigans on this "hacker" :rolleyes:

If he does go to jail for 60 years+ with ZERO evidence then I shall laugh my socks off :D

Soldato
Don
squiffy said:
You didn't get what I said. It's possible HE DOES have evidence, but he's not going to show it in a conference, or he's too scared of the CIA/secret service to do so.

Do you think they would have a second thought to kill him? ie Dr Kelly.

They would do it before he makes it public, so the quicker he gets it out in the open the better for him. Sitting on it wouldn't be a good idea!

That to me means he speaking ****.

Also he said that there was thousands of other hackers in there, so why haven't they found anything either?

Jokester

Soldato
OP
Soldato
On a complete sidenote, the quote by President Eisenhower given on their website seems very ironic considering current events:

"In the counsels of Government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the Military Industrial Complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals so that security and liberty may prosper together."

50 yrs on, Eisenhower's nightmare has become true.

Go Haliburton! Go Carlyle! :(

Permabanned
so he would rather show the image on the desktop rather than download it secretly and have abit of a wait time,,i mean comon...

Soldato
mosehn said:
so he would rather show the image on the desktop rather than download it secretly and have abit of a wait time,,i mean comon...

You're talking a huge difference in time here. He's trying to do things as quickly as possible, so compare downloading a 240mb image over a 56k line with downloading a screenshot (what, 1.4mb?) over 56k line. I know what I'd choose as my first port of call.

240mb on 512k ADSL = 64 minutes of DL time. on a 56k dial-up that would be nearly 10 hours, assuming a good connection.
1.4mb on 56k only takes about 3 or 4 minutes.

Man of Honour
I call semi-BS. Back in the early days of the www (I won't make the mistake of calling it the internet ;)), security was pretty much non-existant. He probably hacked into some office clerk's personal workstation and wiggled the mouse about a bit (and thus got caught). Now he's hamming it up to make us all think he's cool, when in reality he's just a nerd wannabe who thinks it's cool to spout OMGWTF I broke into NASA and found cool alien stuff!!!111oneeleven.

Soldato
maybe when he saw the pic he got nervous and didnt even consider taking a picture....shock of seeing something that shouldnt exist may do that.

Theres plenty of people and folk with higher credits like air force etc etc claiming they seen things that shouldnt exist.... and been told to cover it up.

Back
Top Bottom