NEARLY 2 YEARS WAITING: New Mustang GT PP is finally mine!

OcUK Staff
OP
Congrats Gibbo - bet you're happy as a pig in ****!

The engine sounds really nice too - definitely no mistaking it for anything but a V8.

Which mods are you going to do first?

Knob is done.
Wheel tonight if I get time but going out for a meal later, so tomorrow if not.
If brave enough I share fight the cold and fit the exhaust tomorrow as it will be dry but super cold.

The suspension can stay standard for a few weeks, as I want to explore the car more the way it drives stock. The above mods have no impact on car ability, just interior aesthetics and noise. :)

Caporegime
Knob is fitted! :D
My god its cold, went with billet/chrome one. :)

Might do the wheel tonight and hoping for dry weather tomorrow to get exhaust done.

Leaving suspension standard for now, want to learn the car on stock suspension, discover its strengths and cause again RHD cars different layout on strut tower, but Steeda are looking to find me a resolution... :)

Get a leather gear knob. Got a TRD86 GT one for my celica and it's perfect in winter and summer.

th

Last edited:
Soldato
Not a fan of this, normally like mustangs but looks like a grandad version to me not mean enough I'm sure it's fantastic though. Hope you enjoy!!! (sound is a plus)

Soldato
Knob is done.
Wheel tonight if I get time but going out for a meal later, so tomorrow if not.
If brave enough I share fight the cold and fit the exhaust tomorrow as it will be dry but super cold.

The suspension can stay standard for a few weeks, as I want to explore the car more the way it drives stock. The above mods have no impact on car ability, just interior aesthetics and noise. :)

That's the thing about working on your car. During the winter it's too cold, the summer is too hot, autumn's too wet and in spring I'd rather go for a drive... :D

Always put off by metal shifter knobs for the coldness issue, but they do look ace.

Just don't forget to get a sound video up with the new exhaust!

Caporegime
Get a leather gear knob. Got a TRD86 GT one for my celica and it's perfect in winter and summer.

th
I have that exact gear knob sitting here on my desk. It is utter ****e. The shift pattern didn't line up properly so I had to pry it out and straighten it, the leather started to flake soon after fitting it, and the thread is metal so it is difficult to make it tight AND straight at the same time!

Went back to my standard one within a week... :p

Not that any of this is relevant to the thread!

Last edited:
Caporegime
I have that exact gear knob sitting here on my desk. It is utter ****e. The shift pattern didn't line up properly so I had to pry it out and straighten it, the leather started to flake soon after fitting it, and the thread is metal so it is difficult to make it tight AND straight at the same time!

Went back to my standard one within a week... :p

Not that any of this is relevant to the thread!

Is yours genuine or ebay special? I suspect ebay, mine is genuine and i had it imported from japan and it's perfect and well weighted. It sits 90 degree wrong angle because it's for a gt86 not my celica gt so i need to grind some off my gear stick knob. But the quality of material is great.

Basically if you bought the £75-90 one you have the genuine. If you paid £20-30 you got the fake .

Last edited:
Caporegime
You are quite right, I bought the fake, knowingly mind you!

The picture you posted is the fake one though, so I assumed you were talking about an eBay one too! :)

Do you still have the original?

Last edited:
Caporegime
You are quite right, I bought the fake, knowingly mind you!

The picture you posted is the fake one though, so I assumed you were talking about an eBay one too! :)

Do you still have the original?

the original gearknob had delaminated so I needed a replacement one. I don't buy fakes so I usually run up a nice customs bill from either the states or japan if I am buying out of country for genuine bits. The genuine ones are real leather and its good quality. Sorry Gibbo didn't mean to derail lol!

Soldato
Shocked when I saw the pics; I imagine it won't look like that after you've done your mods, it's begging to be beefed up!

Gratz :)

Back
Top Bottom