Need a new 2TB internal Hard Drive

Associate
Hi, I need a bit of advice please.
Its a while since I bought a HDD and my friend needs one. (7200 RPM)
Its for his HD video files to be used in his PC for video editing.

He doesn't want to delete the clips in his old drive just yet so he will replace it with a new one for now.

Thanks in advance.

Associate
Well unless money is really tight you're better off buying a slightly larger capacity drive ( 3 or 4 TB) to get best value these days. Price difference is not that great. It costs almost the same to manufacture the smaller capacity drive (case, controller etc). As for makes I don't know right now, probably Seagate rather than WD at the moment. I was just shopping for a new drive myself and have read a lot of reviews, decided on a Seagate 10TB drive for my own use. Nobody can guarantee any particular drive will not suffer problems though.

Associate
OP
Well unless money is really tight you're better off buying a slightly larger capacity drive ( 3 or 4 TB) to get best value these days. Price difference is not that great. It costs almost the same to manufacture the smaller capacity drive (case, controller etc). As for makes I don't know right now, probably Seagate rather than WD at the moment. I was just shopping for a new drive myself and have read a lot of reviews, decided on a Seagate 10TB drive for my own use. Nobody can guarantee any particular drive will not suffer problems though.

Thank you ChrisL for the advice, I'm not a big fan of WD myself, I've had 2/3 go faulty on me in the past.

Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom