Need a new E-ATX case for Threadripper build

Associate
Hello everyone,
Well I'm quite in bad situation right now, cause I can't find any good cases that would suit my needs I'm building AMD Threadripper 1950x with best X399 motherboard ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme, and the board is E-ATX size 12 inch x 10.9 inch ( 30.5 cm x 27.7 cm ). All cases that I like, has a sleek design, not huge, not fancy etc.. and has front panel USB Type C,and no "fancy" vertical GPU mount, will not fit my ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme, cause it just wide. I really like Lian Li PC-O11WGX, But my motherboard it just to wide to fit it, or the new Be Quit Dark Base 700. The only case that I found would suit me Cooler Master Cosmos C700P, but the case it self to me is quite bulky, and doesn't look that sleek. I will build a custom loop watercooling for my build, But most cases that fit E-ATX Mobo already has good support for radiators and reservoir.
MY budget is around 300£ for the case itself, but if the case is really good, or don't have any other option left would go extra on the budget.
Thank you guys for any recommendation.

Associate
Hello everyone,
MY budget is around 300£ for the case itself, but if the case is really good, or don't have any other option left would go extra on the budget.
Thank you guys for any recommendation.

Tower 900 with cost about £200.00 saving you 100.

Thermaltake Threadripper build in Tower 900 take a look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4iq5NQtfNQ

I have the case myself yes it a little big but not OTT and you will not find a better case then the 900 IMO for the money you pay for

Soldato
The only case that I found would suit me Cooler Master Cosmos C700P, but the case it self to me is quite bulky
That's because E-ATX motherboard support needs big dimensions at least in depth.
And such cases are usually also higher than normal midi-tower.

As for USB-C you won't find it much from cases.
But for Lian Li cases it will likely become available in swappable I/O port kits
Looks like one kit now has it.
http://www.lian-li.com/en/products-chassis-accessories/#99/1/list
So you could ask them when they're going to upgrade more of those I/O port kits.

Man of Honour
I am running an EATX threadripper board in a mid tower Corsair 460x works a treat, nice case too. I have no idea if it has a usb c though.

Associate
Someone has already mentioned a hub but it didn't have the C type connectors on it, the hubs I've seen that do have the C type on them only have 1 port and the rest are the usual type - with that in mind why don't you just buy a USB C male to female extension lead and leave it at the edge of your desk, that way you don't have to reach behind the case to plug the tablet in. Before I owned a case with front IO I used a lead like that to plug in USB thumb drives :).

Associate
I Run the older model Wacom HD13, that uses a display port. i have no problem running it with the supplied cable and plugged to the back of the pc. my case is also on the floor.

If your sole reason to have one in the front is so you can disconnect the tablet and take with you when you need then the suggestion of using a extension lead by Pulseammo is a good idea

Associate
OP
I'm right now considering to get the Lian-Li V3000 as it looks really good, as I look more to future proof with a case, not buying a new one as I'm gonna change the MB or etc.. As its only available on pre-order.
And I saw the Cosmos C700P in person, I quite liked how it looked, quite nice, but didn't had a chance to play a wee bit with it, as I read the reviews the quality as for high end case from Cooler master not that great, Will wait for more reviews for the Lian-Li case and then probably will get it.
Thank you for your help.

Back
Top Bottom